Our Nolan Bear turned 8 months this week! I cannot believe how fast the time is flying. I was getting a little sad the other day, realizing that I don't have nearly as many cute pics of Bear as I do of Kyle as a baby, just because I never remember to get my camera out. I tried to snap some more this week of him!
At 8 Months:
- he has 6 teeth and the seventh is cutting through. His mouth is exploding!
- he still HATES to be on his belly and cries whenever I put him on his stomach or he rolls over. This makes me think he will never learn to crawl. He loves to sit up and has tried pulling himself up to stand twice.
- Sleeps from 9-9:45, 1-2 and 4-4:45. These breaks are not long enough for me to get anything done. I need to combine it into two naps still.
- Enjoys most baby food except for peaches! He loves those baby puffs and at 8 months and 1 day learned to feed himself them whole. We ate pancakes today and he loved those too.
- Finally sleeps in a crib and in his own room. We had him in our room, then tried two nights in Kyle's room but that freaked Kyle out when Nolan cried in the middle of the night, then put him in our closet (it's big enough! Don't worry!) and then finally got everything situated for him to have his own room. He does great! It was bittersweet for me. Something about keeping them in the same room as me makes me feel like he's still little.
- Loves to chew on Kyle's Nerf bullets
- One of his favorite activities is to dig through a diaper bag or basket
- Has the fluffiest hair when he wakes up. We call him "Fooffy" in the morning. It is still soft like newborn baby hair.
- Is scared of Kyle's talking Elmo and the vacuum but likes Dora
-Loves to be outside.
- Graduated to the convertible carseat.
- Has started to get a little temper. It is almost comical to hear him get mad.
- Cries if you walk by him and don't interact with him; especially when he is tired.
- Gets very excited for his baths. When I'm bathing Kyle first he kicks and won't sit because he wants to stand at the edge of the tub and try to reach over. When it's Nolan's turn Kyle is nice and out of all the letters in the alphabet, lets him hold the "N" since that is what his name starts with :).
I just LOVE this baby boy. He is such a good baby. I feel so lucky to be his mom. People in public always smile at him. He has the best belly laugh and brings our family so much joy and love. Even Kyle will pat his belly and say, "You gotta big belly Nolan Bear!" It is so cute.





6 comments:
he's so cute!!! i can't believe he's trying to stand on his own!
fyi that was alli :)
Oh so sweet! I love his chubby little rolls. I totally agree about having them in your room; I can't think about moving Debby out anytime soon!
i love the stage when they sit but don't crawl yet. such a cute little guys!
He's so cute! I can't believe how much he has changed over the past month. I sure miss that sweet boy!!
He is so cute. I love his cheeks!
Post a Comment