Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Called to Serve

Don't cry for me Argentina, because I'll be crying for you.

We are so excited that my wonderful parents have been called to serve as Mission President and missionary for the Resistencia, Argentina mission. They will start in July and be there for 3 years.


Words can't describe how I feel. I am blessed to have such amazing parents. I know they will be of such amazing service to the people of Argentina and the missionaries serving there. I also know that the gospel can bring such happiness to people. It is why I live such a purposeful, happy life.

I am a daddy's girl and my mom is my best friend. I have cried. I will miss them, but I am so grateful I will be in AZ for a month before they leave and am crossing my fingers that we'll be able to visit them in Argentina!

Resistencia is the same mission my older brother Chris served in. It has been fun to hear from him what the area and people will be like. My dad served a mission in Cordoba, Argentina when he was 19.

We are thrilled.

Have I mentioned on this blog that 2011 will be a year of change for our family?
To learn more about our beliefs, go here. You won't be sorry you did!

We love you Mom and Dad!

17 comments:

Sarah Robbins said...

Wow! That is so exciting! Your family will be all over. . . I know how hard it will be for you, but I know it will strengthen your family in your faith. That is great you will get that month with them before they leave, as well.

Rachel said...

How exciting! Congratulations to your parents.

JONESIES said...

That's so awesome! Congratulations to you and your parents. I do hope you get to go visit them, that would be great! Good thing there is skype these days right :-)

AZ Chadwick's said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
AZ Chadwick's said...

I'm glad that Michelle was blog-surfing and read about your parents! They are amazing and I'm so happy for them and for your whole family. Blessings, blessings, blessings!

Mariley Johnson said...

That i so exciting for your parents! Definitely a testimony to the good people that they are. And lucky you, they are YOUR parents!
Congrats and don't cry too much!

Amber said...

WOW !! Your parents are amazing and will do a wonderful job!

Jenny said...

This is a big change year for you guys. Hopefully some of those mission blessings will transfer into Tim quickly finding a job and passing the bar!!

Ty and Tiff said...

Awesome! Congrats to you and your family! I hope you get to visit, and how cool that your dad and brother both served in Argentina!

Katie said...

What an exciting thing for your parents and your family. I know it will be hard to have them so far away. Thank goodness for Skype, email, blogging, etc.

Jenni said...

crazy crazy crazy! Your parents are amazing...it's just the timing that is crazy!! It's still so exciting though!!

Ann-Marie said...

I can't wait to talk to you about this.....

Shauna Brown said...

They are going to be amazing!! Heyman Reunion in Argentina!! Thank goodness for the power of iChat.

The Scotts said...

I'm crying for you! That's exciting but so sad!!! Congrats to them!

Hillery said...

Is that their official mission president portrait? They totally look the part!

Nuestra Familia said...

They are amazing! And they look so great in that picture:)

Kate said...

Wow, so amazing.