Wednesday, February 9, 2011

You think your house is clean?

Just pretend like you're about to put it on the market. All of a sudden you notice every scuff, dust, chip, stain and clutter that before didn't seem to bother you.

In good news, my house is wonderful! We re-arranged furniture, got rid of stuff, had a garage sale, threw away a bunch of stuff and have been loving how much easier it is to keep it clean! In all my Cinderella days this past month (or two) I thought I'd share some favorite cleaning helps.

1. Mr. Clean Magic Eraser.
 This thing really is magic. They are expensive though, but if you look inside the cardboard box there is usually a coupon. Don't bother with the one made for bath tubs, can't figure out the difference between the two. I used this eraser everywhere. So magical. I'm a believer!

2. Pledge
  Love it on my wood and my leather.

3. Vinegar and baking soda
  Vinegar is great but smells. I used baking soda to create pastes with other cleaners (like Lime-away) and then let it sit. This worked wonders as opposed to just spraying and trying to scrub.

4. Old toothbrush
  Helpful behind faucets and anywhere small.

5. Tim
  Everyone should have a tall husband. Great for cleaning fans, rearranging the high shelves, stacking boxes, disassembling and reassembling cribs, etc. He worked so hard with me and rarely complained. I love that man.

6 comments:

Jenni said...

A tall husband is definitely necessary to accomplish anything! We are scrubbing our place down too...what did you use the magic eraser for?

McKenzie said...

Jenn... wait Pledge on Leather? We buy leather conditioner, but I really don't think it's doing the work--I want my leather to get the moisture it needs... tell me more!

Jenny said...

ooh, this is inspiring me!

megan said...

That is a really good thought, clean your house like you are goig to put it on the market. I like it! Also I lime that one of your most needed cleaning supplies is Tim. Too cute

Sarah Robbins said...

I love those Magic Erasers!!

Tanya Kimball said...

Magic Erasers! I love those things! I pick them up at costco for a little bit of a deal. I use them alot with my two boys!