Thursday, January 31, 2008

Help!

Kyle not only has "blow outs" quite frequently these days, but when I was feeding him this morning I suddenly felt a wet warmth. Gross! Can anyone recommend a brand of diapers that will keep everything IN instead of leaking it OUT? We've tried the Pampers Swaddlers and Huggies,

And if you can solve that problem, do you have any suggestions on how to lose the pregnancy weight when it's 18 degrees outside and all you can do is stay in and you'd rather sleep than do crunches? Thanks! :)

12 comments:

The Scotts said...

Lily was doing that too and I just got the next size diapers. She is wearing size 3 and it is keeping it all it. They fit a little big but they work and it is worth the extra $$. Target brand and Luvs work great while they are younger, but once they are older and go number 1 more then I get huggies because they seem to hold through the night and not leak out.

I am all for the treadmill, now if I can just get on it routinely instead of twice a week!

Tanya Kimball said...

I ditto the above comment. I swear by Huggies and going one size up. I just did the same with Braden--moved him up one size--and it works magically! Sorry, can't help with the losing weight thing...I'm a prego dessert fan and by the look of my body it doesn't seem to be helping my imaginative thin physique.

Jenny said...

i think they just blow out a lot at that age. kate got chris on his lap at church one time. the bigger diapers helped some though. and i don't think you need to worry about exercising yet, it hasn't even been 3 weeks! for later though i might suggest workout videos? i hate them but thats what i've been stuck doing since it has been raining here a ton.

JONESIES said...

bigger size it doesn't matter the brand for us pampers I like the best.

laurie said...

i like the huggies supreme, not just the regular huggies. that's what i remember from my other two...we haven't gotten to the "blow out" stage yet!

Holly and Brad said...

How are you? I found you on here through Jenni and wanted to say hi! Your little boy is so adorable! Okay, onto the diapers...I swear by Pampers swaddlers. Chase would occasionally have the blow-outs but then again, I think that is just something that happens to the best of us. If it has a strong desire to get out, I don't think it matters how good the diaper is, its just gonna be messy. I tried almost every brand and have continued to stay true to the Pampers (Swaddlers, Cruisers, etc.) Hope that helps! Oh and no excercise for at least 6-8 weeks missy :)

P.S. Where did you get your cute blog background and lettering? I love it!

Nuestra Familia said...

Hi Jenn, babies love explosions I think. I used to use huggies supreme when we were in public and the generic when I was at home, I would save a little money, but after all the poopy laundry and wipes, I think the supremes are better. we need to talk on the video apple so we can see Kyle more often, can wait to see you.

megan said...

i like pampers swaddlers. i like how soft they are. It seems like the other brands we have tried have been so stiff and seemed uncomfortable. Catcher has had blowouts in the next size up diapers too. funny story... yesterday we were pretty much out the door heading to ikea when catcher exploded. luckily it didn't seep out of his clothes yet but it was all up his back. reuben was chenging him and decided it was too messy and so just jumped in the shower with catcher. the funny part is that reuben was fully clothed in the shower. i mean jacket, jean, shoes. poor guy didn't even want to stop and take the time to take his clothes off for a proper shower.

Erin said...

I ditto the going up one size in Huggies. As for the weight, it just takes time.
At my 6 week post partum appointment I weighed the same as I did my first appointment at 12 weeks, and I think it is because of breastfeeding! I'm not sure if the squishy feeling ever goes away though... Drink lots of water and eat healthy.

Jamie said...

I just got The Biggest Loser workout videos and I love them! They aren't too long but they get the job done!

Jessica said...

Girl its too early to think about losing the weight!! don't even try until you are done nursing. you are crazy!! the blowouts don't stop, my dear...they continue until they eat food!! ha ha

Summertime Designs said...

Jen, bigger diapers is the only thing that has worked for me too...and I have had my fair share of explosions! Once I was changing Annika when she was a baby on my bed, and she had an explosion that went clear up above my head onto a little square window that we had in our bedroom (keep in mind this window was taller then me!)

As far as losing weight, I usually wait until my 6-week check-up. Nursing seems to help a little, but when you're in 16 degree weather I would recommend something with high cardio (like the good ol' Tae-bo workouts)!