Thursday, May 22, 2008

San Antonio

We went house hunting in San Antonio this past weekend. The flight from SLC to PHX Kyle was great. The fight from PHX to SAT, Kyle was less than great. The poor baby woke up at seven that day, and slept for a total of, oh, maybe 40 minutes the entire day before bedtime. By the time we were on the second leg of the flight, Kyle was very tired. He was crying and being really fussy. The lady in front of us turned around and I guess said something, but I was so flustered I didn't even notice. I got out of my window seat and walked down the aisle of the plane with Kyle to the back. I didn't even see any faces because I was so embarrassed. Luckily I got him to quiet down, but he still didn't fall asleep. (Oh, I should probably mention he doesn't take a pacifier!!)

We stayed with Tim's brother Andy at their adorable house. Hillery is a good decorator! Unfortunately we didn't get to see Sadie and Hillery, but Tim reminded me that we will be living by them for a year, so that made me feel better. My first impression of S.A. was that it reminded me of Mexico. I really liked it though. It's always exciting to be experiencing new places and ways of doing things. We hung out with our friends Jenni and Mason who we lived by in our ghetto apartments in Provo. Jenny took this good pic.
One night we went to this BBQ place with them and also our friends Cara and Jeff. All from Chandler! The BBQ place was defintely different. You order the meat by the weight and then they give you a bunch of white bread to put it on. They have delicious BBQ sauce!
Here I am trying to drug Kyle with the sauce as he was sleeping.
After that we played Guitar Hero at Jeff and Cara's. I LOVE Guitar Hero. We don't have it, but I love playing it when I get the chance.  As far as house hunting, we saw the Good, the Bad, and the disgustingly Ugly. This was probably the ugliest:
By the end of the trip, I was a little tired of the "Go Spurs Go" everywhere, so I decided to put Kyle in his jersey for the flight back. We got so many comments from Spurs fans. It was awesome. Here he is with Jenni, his new best friend. She was a life saver and watched him while we looked at houses. It's so cute because you can tell he recognizes her now. Thanks so much!!
There's a few more pics, but I haven't downloaded them yet. We had a great time (thanks everyone for your help!) and are excited for our move to San Antonio!!

7 comments:

Erin said...

Did you take a carseat on the plane or just hold him? I am flying with Hayden in June by myself and I am super nervous! I'm not paying for a ticket for him so I think I am going to see if they have an extra seat or else gate check his carseat. Any advice you have for flying with a baby would be appreciated!

Jamie said...

I am flying with Zoie alone in July from NY to CA! I think I am going to regret it..... but I want to go to the beach with my family so bad! I am soo nervous. Anyway, that is fun that you guys went house hunting!

Cara Jones said...

We are so glad we got to see you guys (and get to know you a little more)!! We wish you a lot of luck with choosing a house. Can't wait to see what you pick and we will definitely have to rock out more on Guitar Hero once you live here!!!

Anderson Adventures said...

Jen
That is awesome that you will be living by so many friends. I am sad to not have you in utah when I get back. I will miss youguys so bad. Anyway, how did the house hunting go? I hope great. you will have to call and let me know. I have been watching three kids 4,6,8 that are very hyper active. They are staying over night with me too. I gotta hand it to you mom"s is all I have to say!!!!!!

The Red Crew said...

When are you moving? I had no idea you were moving! Are you going to still be in Provo June 10 through the 15th? I'm coming and i would love, love, love, to see you!

Jeppesen Family said...

I'm so excited for you guys! Such a big move! Also, don't worry about the people on the plane. What do they expect? It's not like you brought a crying baby into a movie. It's an airplane, and babies have to travel too :)
Once again, I love the Suns' jersey. Nathan appreciates it, too, since he really loathes the Spurs. He was actually rooting for the Lakers, can you believe it? Just to go against the Spurs. Never thought I'd see the day...
Good luck finding a house! When you get all settled, you should invite us for a visit :)

Jamie said...

hey what is the web site that you get your paper from for scrapbooking?