Saturday, March 7, 2009

Lovin Life

    Tim is downstairs playing Guitar Hero World Tour with some guys, and I'm only given a turn every so often so I decided to post a few pics. Today was a great day. We woke up early (Kyle kind of does that to me. He only lasts in his crib about 45 mins before he cries. haha. What a good kid!), and went outside to do yard work. Let me tell you about our grass here in TX-- it's like WEEDS. The stuff is so itchy and dry, I can't walk on it unless I'm wearing shoes. Anyway, Kyle thought the lawn mower was so cool but Dad wouldn't let him play with it so he played with this shop vac and loved it. He walked around pushing it like a push-toy. I snapped a few pics.    Notice Kyle's sandals? That was last weekend's adventure. It took us an entire night of going to stores to find a pair of shoes that fit him. Kyle has the fattest feet. I had him try on so many different pairs that every time I sat him down again he would start crying and I felt like the most W.T. mom who couldn't control her kid in public. The sandals are a little nerdy, but they have velcro openings that allow for his chub.
    Life has been great lately. Kyle and I spent the past week outside ALL day long. He brings me to the door at least three times a day. Although TX is too far from home, I am enjoying being here, mainly because of the friends I have made. The people in my ward are so fun and a good support since Tim is gone most of the time. This semester has been better than last and I hope it continues that way :). Tim and I just feel really lucky to be where we're at and to have a healthy family.
     Well I think it's about my turn. I haven't flamed out yet during my turn so they should let me into their band! :) Have a good day!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Guitar hero? Awesome. We have rock band and love it! We will have to play sometime soon. Those pictures are great. Kyle is too cute. See you tomorrow.

Jenny said...

it kills me every time i notice kyle looks different than when i last saw him in person and...it has happened again! it struck me in your last post and then again with this one...he is looking like such a big boy! sad.

Chelsea said...

St. Augestines?? If it is, I agree. It is the worst. But great if it is green.

Kyle makes me smile whenever I see his pics. You are a lucky mom! He is way cute!
Have you tried crocs? I think they work great for the foot chub.

Chad~Nicole said...

Zane's got the fat Fred Flinstone feet at our house. He can't wear C's hand-me-down shoes because his feet are twice as wide. Stride Rites are the best because they come in extra wide, but they're too expensive new. I've picked some up at Ross for cheap...or caught the 70% off sale at Dillards. Be on the lookout. :)

Jen said...

I can't believe how big Kyle is. He is adorable! I can picture Ty looking like him. Too bad we don't live closer!

Hillery said...

Don't worry. i'm the WT mom whose kid just flops on the ground and starts throwing a tantrum. no big deal.

The Scotts said...

I love his chubby legs! Talk to Summer but especially Jaimee about where to get shoes. Their boys had chubby feet as babies too.

danielle said...

I love these pictures of Kyle! He is looking more & more like a little "boy" everytime you add pictures!

mom - Diane - Grandma :-) said...

Kyle looks like Tim in those pictures! Maybe it's the man toys...I mean tools. haha

amber {and co.} said...

Texas weather is great- it must be nice to be able to be outside all day long! And I love that Kyle plays with the shopvac, such a boy!