Basically, I let Kyle walk around since we were so early and his shoe got caught and he tripped, hitting his mouth just perfectly on the edge of the step up to the podium. I ran to pick him up and right away the blood was gushing. It's quite the fat lip. We loaded everything back up, took him home, drugged him and fed him ice cream. Then we changed his clothes, treated the old ones and headed back to church to teach primary. Hopefully your Sunday was a little more reverent and a little less bloody!
Sunday, March 8, 2009
Sunday Bloody Sunday
We arrived early enough to church today for there to be plenty of time for this to happen before church even started:


Basically, I let Kyle walk around since we were so early and his shoe got caught and he tripped, hitting his mouth just perfectly on the edge of the step up to the podium. I ran to pick him up and right away the blood was gushing. It's quite the fat lip. We loaded everything back up, took him home, drugged him and fed him ice cream. Then we changed his clothes, treated the old ones and headed back to church to teach primary. Hopefully your Sunday was a little more reverent and a little less bloody!
Basically, I let Kyle walk around since we were so early and his shoe got caught and he tripped, hitting his mouth just perfectly on the edge of the step up to the podium. I ran to pick him up and right away the blood was gushing. It's quite the fat lip. We loaded everything back up, took him home, drugged him and fed him ice cream. Then we changed his clothes, treated the old ones and headed back to church to teach primary. Hopefully your Sunday was a little more reverent and a little less bloody!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


16 comments:
What kind of camera do you have?
Wow you are good to go back and teach. Poor guy. Great photos and angles though!
Those kind of tumbles always make me cringe. Feet too big, body too round, head too heavy. Poor thing. xo Aunt Brooke
yuck! poor baby. The fat lip totally helps him for sympathy though...
Ouch!!!!Such a cute suit coat!
ouch! note to self: never arrive early to church.
oh no! I hope he is doing better and that you were able to get the blood out of his outfit! I love that little jacket.
Ow!! At least Kyle got icecream out of the trauma. =) I'm impressed you would think to grab the camera and document the injury. Did the clothes come clean?
Dont you love the bloody lip? Its like it NEVER STOPS bleeding. I seriously have had to stand there for 20 minutes while it just gushes. Gross I know, but those lips produce alot of mess don't they? Luckily they heal quickly as well. Its not the bloody lip that bothers Chase (when this happens) but moreso the wet napkin I am blotting it with. He hates that more than anything! Glad all is well. Sounds like our Sunday a few weeks back when we were pulling into the parking lot and Chase threw up EVERYWHERE. It wouldn't have been so bad but it takes us 25 minutes just to get to the building, so then we had to turn all the way back around and go home. And let me tell you, he wasn't the happiest camper sitting in it on the way back. He was disgusted...WE ALL WERE (understatement)! Gotta love when Sundays go a-wry! I swear Satan has something to do with it ;)
Oh, poory guy! Hope he is feeling better. And so are you two! I hate seeing Nick hurt.
Ouch! Fat lips are not fun. :(
Did you see the article about the Pastor who was shot and killed in church yesterday? A guy walked in with a gun and shot at the Pastor, initially hitting his Bible, causing shreds of paper to fly in the air. The congregation didn't do anything at first cuz they thought it was a skit! What do they normally do in that church to make a guy aiming a pistol at a pastor seem like a routine church skit? Weird....and SAD!
Ohhhh, poor baby Kyle!:(
Ouch! We have had multiple similar injuries with kids in our ward. I always feel so bad for the parents. Meagan Graves (Do you remember her?) is in our ward and one week her kid split his head on the bench. He had to get stitches or glue... a few weeks later another lady's kid did almost the exact same thing. I think everyone in the congregation knew what was happening, but the speaker just continued on... I hope Kyle is doing better!
Way to go for being early, but no good about Kyle. He still looks way cute and the other pictures with the vac are priceless. I wasn't expecting short already, I'm glad you got him some sandals that work for him.
That is so sad! Poor kid! Haha Jenni's comment was my first thought also, I hope the blood came out of his cute outfit!
Post a Comment