Thursday, March 19, 2009

Shake It

     After our long drive to and from AZ for Christmas, I came home determined to force Kyle to like some sort of cartoon so that I could play him a video on our next car trip. Previous to this experiment, Kyle would only watch his signing Baby Einsteins DVD, but unfortunately that didn't even hold his interest on the car ride. After a couple months of trying, I have practically failed. I say practically because there is about one minute of television Kyle LOVES... thanks to the opening song of "The Backyardigans." Anytime this show comes on Kyle looks at me or Tim, then hurries to the front of the room and gets his groove on.



Kyle has two molars that just cut through on the top. This morning was one of those mornings where I contemplated teaching him the game of hide-and-seek and then hiding from him for hours until Tim came home. At the same time, we had fun at the park today and Tim let him play in the sprinkler in our backyard while I was gone tonight. The rest is for my memory's sake:

     Kyle's favorite thing to do now is take our hand and lead us to whatever he wants while pointing and saying, "This! This!" He loves grapes and strawberries. As soon as he puts one strawberry in his mouth he signs for more before he's even started chewing. He can say "Jesus" when he looks at a picture of Jesus we have in the third room. He signs ball and bath now. He is learning to jump but sometimes he can't quite get his feet off the ground. It's hilarious to watch. He recognizes Papa and Grandma in a picture we have and walks around giving it kisses. His naps are becoming less consistent, I think he is ready to go to just one nap a day (Nooo!). He has thinned out a lot but looks the same age as most two-year-olds I am around. When he is mad he bangs his head on the ground, wall, anything around him. 
    Anytime I am on the phone he signs and says, "Dadadada!" Every morning we call Tim and he walks around the house with my cell phone on speaker, making loud noises. My favorite time of day with him is right after dinner. He is so happy and will actually play with his toys. Kyle loves being on the couch and rolling around on it. He will give 5 second hugs and Tim and I cherish them anytime we get one. He can't sit still for the life of him.

I love my little monster. Some days are trying but it's always worth it!

12 comments:

Curtis Heyman said...

Kyle, I'll dance to Backyardigans with you if you'll watch a Suns game with me. Or are you a Spurs fan now?

Serena said...

How cute!!! You are such a good mom....

Cathy said...

K you have no idea who i am :) but I saw your post on Andrea's blog about how nursing was a horrible trial for you?? Talk to me sister. I have a three week old and nursing has been a NIGHTMARE. I need some advice and/or encouragement!!!

Jenny said...

maybe you can figure out how to play the intro on repeat for your next trip? kate loves the intro to "little einsteins"

Jen said...

He is so darling!

Andrea said...

BAHAHAHA. OH how I needed this today. I know how hard some days can be (I'm learning....), but I must say, that child of yours has the power to brighten MY day and I don't even know him.

Jenny said...

did you know ann taylor maternity has been discontinued? i am so bummed, i looked online today after i saw your comment and couldn't find any maternity stuff. i found a baby center thread that said they got rid of it. so that leaves like two stores to shop at...

Hillery said...

Not only is dancing, but it looks like he's playing the drums too. Has he been watching Tim play Rockband?

Tanya Kimball said...

So cute! I'm with Jenny...you need a repeat button! :) Hallie watched Einstein forever and my boys won't sit and watch TV if their lives depended on it!

Just thought maybe you'd be interested- Coupon Sense (the coupon company I use) is headed to TX! You can start subscribing soon and are getting a new "look" this week on the website. Let me know if you are interested.

The Scotts said...

They do have Backyardagain movies that are like an hour long! FYI!! Jake was the same way. He would not sit still or let anyone hold him. We loved his hugs when we got them. Now he will actually let me hold him. Just keep waiting!

Kristin & Laurie said...

I love it, getting his little groove on, party on kyle!!

Candace Heyman said...

I love that boy. He couldn't be any cuter! I love this post. It's fun to hear about all the little things. Miss you guys!