Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Table Manners

   Kyle loves peaches, whether fresh or canned. Last time at the grocery store he tried to pull a fast one and grab a peach and bite into it. I usually cut the peaches up, but tonight Kyle showed us that he can eat them in any size ... because they're just that good!


   Speaking of the grocery store, I have mentioned on here how much I dread going there. I have a problem that Tim and I diagnosed awhile back. I become obsessed with one ingredient at a time. In the beginning of our marriage, for example, I used to buy excessive amounts of Cream of Chicken Soup. Apples, oranges, instant oatmeal and lettuce have also fallen victims to my obsessiveness. This happens because I am so frantic at the store and I think to myself, "I'm sure I'm missing something," and so I throw something into the cart that I usually use. This problem has even gotten worse with shopping with Kyle because I am literally power walking in the store. Anyway, Tim thought it was funny when we discovered my latest victim:
Does anyone else have weird problems like that?

9 comments:

EmilyCC said...

Ah, I get extra items all the time--right now, I'm finding I have either 2-3 bags of scallions or cilantro at any given time.

Chelsea said...

Ha! That is too funny. My mom is the worst at that too, and all she has to buy for is her and my dad. We counted one time 13 cream cheeses in the fridge. At least the expiration date goes farther than sour cream! You should make a ton of sour cream pancakes and freeze them up! Kyle is so cute with his peach!

laurie said...

i could never get sick of kyle, he is so entertaining! way to go with the signing kyle...adam was a good signer, logan...well i guess i've really dropped the ball with this third child thing! he's a survivor!

jon♥kara said...

Jen seriously plan it out before you go make a list, a list will never steer you wrong. I've done that before but it's usually with things that we don't use that much and I guess I just think that I will so then there ends up being a million bags of grapes.

Tim and Jennifer said...

I do make a list! But it's failed me before, or I have to leave before I'm through it and so I freak out all over again.

Amy S said...

I always buy way too many fresh vegetables and most of them end up going rotten because I forget about them. Kyle is so funny, he needs to teach Kallon how to eat fruit!

Heather H. said...

My mom has this problem...she doesn't seem to check what she has before hand. I am laughing hard because sour cream is one of the things she loads up on too...I think grocery shopping is commonly stressful!

Corynn said...

I have good enchilada recipe that uses quite a bit of sour cream. It is a hubby and missionary favorite. I can email it! haha. I always buy too much spaghetti sauce. I can't help it when it is on sale! We hardly ever eat spaghetti, but I just tell myself it is good food storage and buy it all the same. Good luck!

amber {and co.} said...

Haha, thats awesome! I have the opposite problem, I always assume we have ingredients at home then end up making three trips to the grocery store to make one meal! My mom has an awesome sugar cookie recipe that uses sour cream to keep the cookies really soft, if you want it Id be glad to send it to ya!