Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Someday

These are a few of the things I wish Kyle could understand today:

1. Touching my white, clean laundry with your cheese cracker hands is not the best way of helping.
2. Out of your options at lunch, your banana was probably the worst thing to squeeze and throw on the floor today.
3. Kicking me while I'm changing your diaper does not make the awful process go faster.
4. Although fun, playing peek-a-boo with the shower curtain is not safe. Neither is running in the bath tub.
5. I'm not mean for not letting you walk around the house with a cup of water.
6. Your toys really are more fun than opening and trying to bite our DVDs.
7. If you put a toy, sippie cup, magnet, paper, etc. in the trash can when I'm not looking, chances are likely you'll never see it again.
8. Life is great. I promise. 9. Hitting your head on the ground (or a fence) while crying only makes you cry longer in the end.
10. I wish you'd stop growing up so fast. I promise.

12 comments:

Noelle said...

Great picture at the end. All these lovely things you described are the things I get to look forward to when I have kids. It seems that no matter how you childproof, they always find a way...

Anonymous said...

Hahaha what a great post. Well said! Your pictures look really nice too. What kind of camera do you have? We are in the market to find one..

Jenny said...

i love that last picture of kyle! i can't believe he's almost 14 months, holy cow! as a toddler i used to bang my head against the wall all the time and look how well i turned out :)

laurie said...

isn't it hilarious to watch all the toddler "antics"! tiring, but funny and entertaining! what a cute boy.

Jenni said...

The DVD's must taste good! i love the big picture...he sure is growing up!

Hilary Stailey said...

That is so cute Jennifer! Now, hopefully I'll be ready for all those "helpful" stages!

Heather H. said...

That was funny, one day, someday, he may read this and laugh too. I think he looks so much like you in that last photo!

Corynn said...

Gorgeous photos!

Nuestra Familia said...

Great pictures of Kyle! But funny that he is crying by the fence and you go grab your camera, priceless...

mom - Diane - Grandma :-) said...

Great picture! Kyle just likes to let you know when he's feeling a little frustrated. =)

Ani said...

that is funny. i love it! he is so handsome. how do you get your pictures large?

amber {and co.} said...

Haha, amen to all of the above! Wouldn't it be nice if kids came wired to understand what we tell them starting at birth? And that picture of him is adorable!