Sunday, July 12, 2009

Families Are Forever


      It's that time of year again when Tim and I are both grateful that families can be together forever. Today is the 30th wedding anniversary of my wonderful parents. They were so nice to take us to HI with them so that we could join in on the celebration. I am so thankful for their example of a healthy, happy marriage that focuses on the important things in life and that their marriage is centered in the gospel. 
We love you!

   Today also marks the 19th year since Tim's dad passed away in a small plane crash. 
    This picture is such a beautiful picture to me. In this picture Tim is the blonde baby (see any resemblance in Kyle?).  After Tim's dad died Matt (the youngest of the five boys) was photoshopped in so that it could be the whole family together in white. I need to get a copy of that one!
  I'm so grateful for Mario. Although my only memory is of him helping our family build a huge basketball hoop, I've heard how helpful, handy, and kind he was. Tim remembers getting excited after his dad would fix his ATC. This was the last photo taken of Mario, and it happens to be with Tim. We have it on a shelf in Kyle's room. We feel so lucky to know that we can be together with him again.

14 comments:

Hilary Stailey said...

Such great families! I still remember running up to Mario at church, thinking he was my dad, (they both had a mustache) and hugging him around the leg. Then looking up, getting scared and running away. I love those photos! It's crazy how big both families have gotten!

Corynn said...

Thanks for sharing. I, too, am very grateful for forever families.

Jeppesen Family said...

Why do you make me cry? This is such a beautiful post! Congratulations to your parents! That is a beautiful picture of you guys in front of the temple and of your parents. They look so cute! Also, I do love that picture of Tim's family. Kyle does look so much like Tim! We are so blessed to be with our families forever!

Jenny said...

beautiful post. happy 30th ray and diane!

amber {and co.} said...

Sounds like you both were raised in wonderful families, and it shows in the way you raise Kyle! Congrats to your parents, in today's society 30 years of marriage is a great accomplishment! I love that Kyle looks so much like Tim as a baby, that picture is precious. We truly are blessed to have the knowledge that we will be with our families for eternity!

Jenni said...

that's a great post. I'm so glad that families can be together forever!

Candace Heyman said...

I love this post. Families are forever.

Ann-Marie said...

Totally Crying. Beautiful post.

Jen said...

This is such a sweet post. Thanks for such a great reminder! And yes that baby looks amazingly like Kyle.

Nuestra Familia said...

We missed you guys tonight. Sweet post.. love ya!

jon♥kara said...

What a sweet post. Isn't it an amazing knowledge we have to know we will be together again. Look at these super attractive families. You really should write a book jen you are so good at expressing yourself in writing.

megan said...

What an uplifting post. I love your parents and you guys look great in the pictures. That is a really sweet picture of the Rays. I guess I never realized how much the boys look like Mario. I actually think Kyle looks more like your family though

The Scotts said...

That was a sweet post. I love all of the pictures. I love reading about your parents and family. You guys seem to have so much fun together.

And WOW! Tim and Kyle look so much alike. That is crazy! I think it is neat that you have a memory of Mario. Those are sweet pictures and it is neat to see how much the Ray boys look like their Dad. Matt looks like his twin!

Jaimee said...

What a nice tribute to Mario, Jen. I bet it means a lot to Tim that you remember Mario, too. He was a great man.

Whoa, I can not believe how much Kyle looks like Tim as a baby! I always thought he resembled you but "like father like son" in those pics! Too fun! Hope you guys are doing well!