Sunday, July 5, 2009

I Love to See the Temple

   We were running errands up by the San Antonio temple on Friday so we got out of the car and took a couple of pics. I always get excited to see a temple because as soon as I see a temple I always feel peace inside. This was our first time taking Kyle to it. Unfortunately he wasn't in the mood for pics in Dad's arms:
He did a little better in Mom's: 
Last week my sis-in-law posted this adorable pic of my niece Kate at the Oakland temple:
Isn't that sooo cute? 

   One of Kyle's favorite things to do is to sit in the driver's seat of the car. This boy is serious about his steering wheels. Just the other day he grabbed my keys and brought me my sunglasses. When I put them on he got franctic saying, "Go! Go!" and dragged me to the garage. He does this all the time and if you take the keys away from his he throws a big fit. He is always hoping to have a turn at the wheel. And last but not least, Tim is finally employed for the summer. We were feeling the bite of a slow economy and were also disqualified from what felt like 95% of the open jobs here because TRay doesn't speak Espanol. In the end our prayers were answered and he's employed! I'm thankful for a hard working husband who isn't picky about work just as long as he's making some honest money for his familia!

11 comments:

JONESIES said...

yay Tim!!! Driving must be a boy thing. Everytime we go somewhere Emerson books it to the car to try and get to the drivers seat to "drive" before I can catch him. Unfortunatly it's just too hot to let him play there for even a min so he never gets a turn. What a mean mommy

EmilyCC said...

I have often thought how cool it would be to work at Costco (but I worry I might spend my entire paycheck there). Congratulations, Tim!

megan said...

I was just thinking the other day that I was glad Reuben was humble enough to get a job anywhere so he could take care of his family. I'm glad Tim is such a hard worker, and obviously loves his family very much. I was even thinking Costco wouldn't be a bad place to work. Hopefully you get discounts. Catcher loves to "drive" too. My keys have a button to push that flips the keys out so as long as Catcher gets to do that he is happy.

Andrea said...

Costco here has a four page waiting list of people wanting to work there!!!!! Yea for TIM! Sounds like you two might need to learn some spanish. haha. (don't we all at this point!?)

Alli said...

Congratulations on the job, Tim! I just love Kyle's serious face when it comes to driving.

Jeppesen Family said...

That's awesome! I'm hoping to find find a pt job, but it's hard with kids :(
Kyle looks so big when you hold him! He's gonna be taller than you in like 2 years!

Chris said...

that pic of you and kyle at the temple is darling! congrats on the job tim!

Jen said...

Hooray for employment!

Jenni said...

WE LOVE COSTCO. I warned Tim that Mason and I might wander over and just push carts out into random places in the parking lot. Watch out Tim. :) I love Kyle's Hawaiian shirt. Is that a souvenir from your trip?

Ty and Tiff said...

Congrats Tim! I MISS YOU!!!! You don't want to come and vacation in Utah by any chance do you? I wish we had the money to come down and see you! Might have to be next summer after tyler graduates.

Nuestra Familia said...

Love the temple pictures, you guys look so great. Mr. Hawaii looks so cute and your niece is so adorable. Way to go Tim, I'm glad there are still a few jobs in san antonio that appreciates english speaking people. I'm sure you are doing great. so every time we want to ichat I add couple hours and it's either too late or nap time. Tomorrow for sure.