Friday, July 31, 2009

Special

     Yesterday Kyle was who we call "Special K." Special K has hard days and yesterday I think he especially wasn't feeling well. He had a runny  nose and wouldn't eat much. So when he woke up from his afternoon nap... I mean when I woke him up at 5:05!!... I let him do what he wanted. I was worn out. It's alot easier to be a parent when you don't have to parent. Here he is feeling a bit better: Anyone who knows Kyle well can predict what he's saying here:
"Boo!" 
(Which is his form of "Hi!" He says it to everyone and everything, especially when he is excited).

    He watched Elmo and played the drums all night long until we went outside to play. A storm came through and lowered our temperatures to the high 70s. I was so grateful. I also got him to eat by giving him pizza while watching Elmo. Not ideal, but we survived. Today I enforced a small break from Elmo. Hopefully he doesn't remember where we ate dinner last night...

7 comments:

Alli said...

Next time I am not feeling well I am going to try Rock Band. Looks like it did Kyle some good!

Amy S said...

Oh man, sorry Kyle had a rough day. I hate those days. We had our day today but I recently read this: When raising young kids remember: The days are long, but the years are short. It has helped me get through a few more tantrums:)

Candace Heyman said...

Poor guy. Video games and pizza work to cheer up Curtis as well.

Hillery said...

So much to say. First, when did Kyle grow all his adorale blond hair? It wasn't there last time we saw him! He better recognize us next time we see him! And why did they wait until we moved to have a stake 5K? Finally, I am proud of you and the no TV thing. We did that when we were newlyweds, but I couldn't do it now with my TV- addicted kid. We need to catch up soon! P.S. the Blogger Word Verification they are telling me to type is asstan. Just thought you'd like to know.

The Scotts said...

We turn on Baby Einstein when Lily is as you say being Special L, and it helps her eat her dinner. I might have to use that name. It keeps it positive!!!

Ryan and Audrie said...

He is so cute! It seems like everyday is a new adventure in your life! I am glad that you are doing so well!

Seth and Brittney said...

I have to ask, how does he do at rock band?? I get schooled as a drummer in that game. If your toddler can do it, then I am fully embarrassed.