Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Die Fire Ants!

    Earlier in the day, while I was still neglecting the house, I took Kyle to the park with some friends. He was walking around and of course tripped over something. I picked him up and thought it was weird that he was still crying after falling. He kept on hitting his knee so I thought maybe his knee hurt. Luckily my friend Courtney got down on the ground to wipe the mud off his shoes and noticed fire ants all over him! Kyle must have landed right in an ant hill. We had to strip his clothes off and we kept on finding ants everywhere. He even has a few bites in the diaper area. Die fire ants! I hate you! I felt so bad. Our park adventure was ended abruptly thereafter.

This was when I got home from the park. You can see that they go down to his ankle and there's one on his wrist. He wouldn't stay still so it's not the best pic:
Tim took these two tonight before bed:

Luckily I was able to get a lot of cleaning done today. It feels so good to finally be getting my house back in order. When I came back from AZ I went on this "Summer Cleaning" spree and made huge messes by going through everything. I was so happy when I found my camera card and so I downloaded funny pics from when I watched my friend's kids. The best way to keep them all happy was to separate them in their own boxes with fruit snacks and Elmo's World DVD playing. They loved it!
 As you can tell it was impossible to get them to all look at the same time. Kyle loves to have friends come over and play. We'd love to have more visitors!! :)

13 comments:

EmilyCC said...

Oh, those fire ant hills are the worst, and poor kyle got a LOT of bites!

Lisa said...

Poor Kyle, no wonder they call them fire ants! Evil things! I hope he feels better soon. Don't you love the huggies boxes. Carter was eating a snack in one just today! They are the best toys!

Brittanie said...

Hey Jennifer! That poor baby! Fire ants are EVIL! I just wanted to say hi and let you know that I had found your blog and I think it's fabulous! You take such beautiful pictures! You'll have to let me know what you charge because we are wanting to get family pictures done when the weather cools down (before Christmas!). See ya!

megan said...

oh no poor Kyle! It is times like then that you really wish your little guy was old enough to talk and tell you what is wrong. I hope he is feeling better. There is a benydril spray or rub ( I can't remember which it is) that you can put right on those and that should help his legs feel better. Don't put it on his legs if he has already taken another medicine orally for the bites. I know how you feel about getting your house back in order after making a big mess. It can be so easy to ignore your house, but it feels so good to have it clean

Amy said...

Poor boy! I would've been so freaked out!

Heather O'Brien said...

CUTE BLOG! You have such a darling fam. Poor Kyle! That is so awful! I hate those dumb fire ants. Thanks for the note. We should get together.

Summertime Designs said...

Poor guy! That is awful! And although it's physically painful for him, I'll bet it's emotionally painful for you. Love the pics in the diaper boxes though. My kids always want to play in cardboard boxes or use them to build houses for their stuffed animals.

Candace Heyman said...

Poor Kyle! That's terrible!

JONESIES said...

that is soooo sad!

Anderson Adventures said...

I am so sorry Kyle. Poor little guy. Hope all is well. Miss youguys.

Cliff and Courtney's Family said...

I still feel so bad!!! I loved the kids in the boxes...so cute. Whatever it takes to keep my monsters from destruction. You are the best for helping me out so much. Thanks!!

Hillery said...

First, thank you for the present cousin Kyle! We haven't opened it because we're not celebrating until tomorrow, but I'm sure she'll love it.

Sadie had the same problem last week with mosquitos! I send her outside to eat a popsicle, and 5 minutes later she is covered in nasty red bumps! I'm a neglectful mom.

amber {and co.} said...

Oh no!! The first day we were in San Antonio I got bit by a fire ant and went crazy from the stinging and itching- I can't imagine having bites all over my body! Poor Kyle! Chandler also loves to chill in a box, we should let them watch Elmo's World in their boxes and we can chat over lunch =)