We knew we wanted to get him a bike for his birthday so we went to the store and found one. Problem was that it was raining outside so we didn't give it to him because we didn't want him to want to ride it outside. Best birthday ever, right??
Then on Friday (the next day) Tim really didn't feel well and stayed in bed all day long. What's with all the sickness?!? So, no celebrating Kyle's birthday then either. On Saturday he decided he was well enough to have a few people over to have cake and ice cream in honor of Kyle. I had been feeling guilty that we didn't do anything to celebrate so although it was so last minute, this made me feel much better!
He loved the candles! (A little too much. He almost touched them!)
Then there was a little drama when his friend blew out the candles before he got to, so we had to re-light them. :)
Our birthday boy!
After Kyle's friends left we opened a few gifts sent by family and then put him down for nap. Why did I think it would be a good idea for Kyle to open presents right before nap time?? After nap, Kyle opened his Diego bike. We haven't even put the Diego stickers on it yet but he still calls it his, "Diego bike."
He was upset at first because he can't quite reach the pedals, but he soon got over it. He'll probably reach them in just a few months!
The next morning we made smoothies, Kyle's favorite.
I love all the drippings on him. He cracked us up as he tried to drink with his knee up, just like Tim.
But the best part ever happened when he got on his new bike and exclaimed, "Picture!" Then he actually smiled all on his own. It was obvious he was happy with his present this year!
We love our Kyle boy!











9 comments:
Happy belated birthday Kyle!!! I can not believe he is already 2! Time flies when you're having fun I guess. I love the drama pic- poor Kyle must have been so sad...lol.
He is so adorable!
great pictures. his red eyes in the blowing out cake pic are so cute and sad. i wish we could have come to his party :(
Happy Birthday Kyle!! Sounds like he had a great birthday, and he'll never know that the festivities weren't on his actual birthday ;) I love that he smiles for his pictures, such a cutie!
Wish we could've been there... looks like fun! He's so cute on his new bike. What a boy!
so fun! What a cute, grown up boy!!!!
Yay for my 2 year old Kyle man!!!! I'm sure he didn't mind extending his birthday celebrations. :-) As I recall they started before Christmas! hahaha
So darling, I love all your pictures. He looks so happy to be two and on his diego bike.
Jen I can't believe your little baby became a little boy so fast. He is so handsome and I love all the pictures. You look great and don't even show signs of pregnancy in your face like I did lucky girl.
Post a Comment