Friday, January 29, 2010

Oh the Tears



Anyone have advice on how to teach a two-year-old that his dad will return after leaving to school every morning? We still have a year and a half to go... and then he enters the workforce. I'm afraid that may be even more traumatizing.

12 comments:

Erin said...

Hayden went through this phase a few months ago! It was really sad. I let him watch out the window as the bus drove past our house and we waved goodbye. Then I just had to distract him the best that I could. He got over it in time. I guess that's our trade off for having such great dads for our kids.

Chad~Nicole said...

Get the book "The Kissing Hand." I'll try to remember to link you the post I wrote about that book and how it worked miracles for our family.

Chad~Nicole said...

http://chadlovesnicole.blogspot.com/2009/03/my-velcro-child.html

mom - Diane - Grandma :-) said...

Such a sad face. Pretty soon Kyle will have fun playing with his little brother. At least Tim knows he is loved and missed!

Jen said...

Oh he's so cute.

Curtis Heyman said...

i remember holding on to dad's leg and not letting go in hopes he wouldn't go to work!!!

JONESIES said...

oh so sad! Great pic by the way, I should pay you for lessons :)

Summertime Designs said...

That is so sweet and sad at the same time! And the hard part about it, is he is so young so it's hard to really talk to him about it. When Cory travels for work, our kids enjoy making surprises for him for when he comes home (coloring pages, welcome home cards, etc.) One other piece of advice would be to tell Tim to stop being such a fun dad...then Kyle will WANT him to be gone! :)

Hillery said...

Every morning I tell Sadie that Dad will be home in time for dinner. The entire day tells me, "Dad home for dinner." Then when I start making dinner, she gets super pumped.

That keyboard is the real deal! Reminds me of Andy's "electric piano." Oh, memories.

Heather O'Brien said...

I feel the pain! Hallie has gotten better, but she used to cry so hard and be mad at me that Aaron went to work and she wouldn't see him for a couple days. Like it was my fault! She played the "you are not my favorite" card quite often. Not fair that the men get to ship off to work and we are left with crying kids. j/k. Love that picture. That is awesome.

Anonymous said...

We love to see your pictures and comments! Kyle is quite a performer it looks like. We hope he follows after his Unkie. Hope your feeling better Jennifer. Love you all. P.S. Tell Tim I finally getting around to working on his quilt, just about have it finished. Love you Papa and Grandma Curtis

Serena said...

This is the cutest sad picture. Is it awkward that I love sad pictures of little kids??? Don't worry, I also love happy pictures! :-)