Friday, January 8, 2010

It's a ...

Boy!

I forgot to put on here that we found out that we are having another boy! I put it on Facebook, so thank you to all of you who shared the excitement with us!

My aunt was so kind and let Tim, Kyle, my mom and I come into the obgyn office where she works to do an ultrasound and find out the sex while we were in AZ. My scheduled appointment isn't until I'm 21 weeks, so I got to find out 5 weeks earlier than I expected!!

  I have never seen a baby move so much on the ultrasound screen. At first it looked on the screen like a boy, but we didn't know if the "part" was the umbilical cord or the real thing. Tim and I were so shocked and excited. Going into it I thought it was a girl, but we were both hoping for another boy. Then we looked at a different angle and said, "No, maybe it's a girl!" So then we were back to thinking it was a girl. My aunt ran and grabbed a dr. to come and help us. The baby would not stop moving! The dr. turned the screen towards her and all of a sudden yelled, "Boy!" There was the "money shot" as I call it, but since the baby was moving so much we couldn't even print a picture.

Tim and I still can't believe Kyle will be a big brother to a little boy. I'm just hoping he's a little calmer, but just as much fun :). Hopefully there are no surprises at the next ultrasound!

To make it even more fun, my sister-in-law Candace is expecting a boy 15 days before me. I'm so excited for the boys to be little buddies. At Christmas next year it will be like there are 6 month old twins!

It was the best Christmas gift!

19 comments:

Amy said...

Congratulations! How fun! You two know how to make cute little boys! :)

Brooke Nielsen said...

Hey sorry I probably ruined your news to everyone that reads your blog when I commented on Kyle's b-day. Miss you! I wish we can do something together just the girls like old times.

Love,
Brooke

August and Melissa said...

That is awesome ! Congrats

Sarah Robbins said...

Yeah! You can order them "Big Brother, Little Brother" shirts on etsy now! :) Congrats!

Anonymous said...

So cute! Kyle will be a cutie with a bro. Hope you are recovering from your trip.

Andrea said...

JEALOUS! I want all boys!

amber {and co.} said...

YAYYYYYY for boys!!! We're so excited for you, I hope I get as lucky as you with another boy also Ü Kyle will be a great big brother, and you two do a good job of making cute boys! Congrats!!!

Chad~Nicole said...

Double the trouble. Double the fun. Yeah!

Jenni said...

How fun! Another cute little guy is on his way!!

Hillery said...

Hooray! This once again proves that I have NO idea what I am talking about when it comes to babies. I would have totally bet you having a girl. Glad I'm wrong and you're getting what you wanted!

Ann-Marie said...

Congratulations!! That is so fun to find out early!

Candace Heyman said...

I wasn't sure if it was a secret still or not so I didn't write about the boy in my last comment. So excited about such close boy cousins. They will be best buds!

The Scotts said...

Congrats!! Brock and Jake are 9 days apart and we love it! We called them our little twins. Good luck with 2 boys! I can't even imagine LOL!!

Becca said...

I'm in agreement with Andrea, all boys would be awesome! Congrats! I LOVE the picture of your little man holding a marker with all of his adorable fat rolls. haha. I love little chubby babies, it's the cutest thing on the planet. Anyway, I'm reading blogs instead of getting ready for church. ha. Congrats again!!

Summertime Designs said...

That is so awesome. I will be anxious to see if this little guy looks anything like cute Kyle. Hope you're feeling well! You look great!

Lisa said...

Congratulations! Fun to have 2 boys and matching cousins!! Let the wrestling matches begin!!

Hilary Stailey said...

Yay! Congratulations!!!!

Unknown said...

Congrats on having another little boy!! That is so exciting! :)

Brooke Peterson said...

Jen, the Maclaren Twin Techno and the Combi Twin Sport are both very highly rated. I suggest Albeebaby.com as the best site and the prices can't be beat shipping is free. xo Aunt Brooke