My scale works. Perfectly fine in fact. At my last appointment my dr. swung open the door, sat on his little stool and remarked, "You gained some weight!" My response?
"Wohoo."
As I've mentioned several times, I gained a lot of weight during my pregnancy with Kyle. I'm obviously not proud of it, but I am open about it because it freaked me out.
Obviously weight gain is healthy, and normal and a good sign. I just got off my scale, however, and let's just say the numbers are soaring at an incredible speed. I really hope I'm not following the same pattern I did with Kyle.
For those who have gone through two or more pregnancies, please do my poll to the left and leave a comment if you'd like! I've heard so many different things like, "I gain the same amount no matter what I do," "Your body gains what it thinks it needs," and "Learn from me... don't eat Lucky Charms at eleven at night."
I want to feel healthy and have a healthy baby. Those are my goals. Right now I'm feeling great, but I also know the numbers don't lie.
Monday, January 25, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


14 comments:
Well obviously I'm no help because I've only had one pregnancy, but just wanted to let ya know that you look GREAT in your pictures! If you've gained a lot of weight it's honestly hard to tell Ü
I agree with Amber you don't look like you have gained any weight at all. You look great! I know the weight gain is hard but it means your baby is growing and healthy. Just enjoy eating and not too much about the weight while you can. i gained a little less with Kate by like 5 pounds and I even worked out during that pregnancy so I really think your body will do what it needs to do. Hope you are still feeling well.
what's wrong with your doctor!? who says that? the 5 and 6 month doctors appointments are always when i see the big numbers. that's the worst.
i ended up gaining about the same with both pregnancies, maybe a tiny bit more with macy. i don't really think it matters how much you gain as long as you're able to lose most of it, which you totally did last time. you look great when i've seen you on the webcam and in pictures so don't even worry about it!
I gained about 5 lbs more the second time. 40 the first, 45 the second. I was also pregnant for 4 weeks longer the second time. And I'm really little and I looked ginormous. (people even told me so after I lost all the weight...) It took a little longer to get the weight off the second time. And at least you're not so sick that you aren't able to gain any weight. At least the baby is healthy. Hope you're feeling ok!
Honestly Jennifer, you look great. Seriously. I wish the numbers DID lie. Remember how I told you my doctor just got an animal scale...I'm already dreading tomorrow morning! :(
Thanks for the additional birth control.
Here is my idea:
We get fat with babies. Just how it is. Then we lose all/most of it.
solution #1. upon arrival of last child, google local plastic surgeons and have the fat sucked out, boobs lifted and tummy tucked. Your husband will be a rich lawyer so no worries. looks to the Real housewives of OC for inspiration.
solution #2. Work out 3hours a day. Don't eat. take diet pills
Aren't u glad our husbands are the only ones who have to see us naked?
(This is obviously a joke. u look great, and even if u do gain weight, you will lose it. Just like u did with Kyle!)
Did i mention i told my nurse to never let me see or hear the numbers unless I was gaining too much too little? It worked wonders for me.
I gained about the same, a little less with Whitman. I did eat lucky charms every night at about 11:00 pm with Catcher. I wouldn't worry about the actual number too much. Just make sure you are eating good stuff you you and baby #2. Any names yet?
No bedside manner, huh?! He must not have a wife or daughters... or a mother??? seriously. who does that?
By the way, I bet you look terrific. I'm not going to lie, it's difficult to see those numbers go up and up even if it is because you're growing another person in your tummy...
You look GREAT! Umm..do you remember me telling you the other day that I even forgot you were prego because you don't look it? Just enjoy it. Heck, this is the one time that we can get away with eating whatever you want! j/k. P.S. your pics look SO great! Kyle is adorable.
Oh Jennifer...I feel your pain.
Having done this 3 times now and having gained the exact amount all 3 times..regardless of what I did, kind of puts things in perspective. My #1, went with the flow and gained 50 lbs. #2, was in shape, got real sick, did prenatal yoga and gained 50 lbs. #3, was in shape, tried to stay active through it all and gained 50 lbs....by the 3rd time, I realized that I would probably gain the same amount and didn't worry about the lbs so much because I knew that when this baby was out of me and ready to workout, I would and would do it until I lost the weight or felt comfortable. THere is nothing you can do. It sadly just happens but don't fret! Just take it easy and enjoy having 1 kid! Your life will drastically change with 2. And some one once told me that this is the season that we are in! We are having babies and our weight is all over the place, but once you are done making babies, you can focus more on yourself and get back in shape and leave it there. You gaining weight isn't permanent! It's just the phase we are in. No worries. And you look great, from pictures too.
I feel I can relate because I was the same way after Emma. I was maybe obsessed with it? Now, I realize it's not the end of the world and you will lose the weight :) No worries!
Oh and turn the other way around on the scale when you get weighed at the doctors..that is what I did too...it makes it easier :)
Jennifer - I had that same thing happen with my last doctor. He came in and patted my belly and said that I shouldn't contribute to the giant. =) I have huge babies and I always gain 50 pounds. I think you look fabulous and any additional weight that you do gain will just fall right off after you have your baby. I wish I looked as cute as you do when I'm pregnant!
Post a Comment