Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Baby Advice

   Since this baby boy is due in June we are dealing with opposite seasons from Kyle's delivery. I took down Kyle's newborn clothes and the majority are long-sleeve, long pants, footed, etc. Has anyone had a child in June (I'm due June 9) or around that time that can tell me what you dress your newborn in?

I'm so used to thinking of my newborn in the warmest of clothes, swaddled in blankets.

It's so hot and humid here in June and we're hoping to be in AZ for some of the summer as well, I can't imagine I'd do the same as in January!

And, on another note, some of the clothes and burp rags have acquired yellow stains while boxed away. Anyone have good tips on how to remove those?

Thanks!

15 comments:

megan said...

Whitman was born in the beginning of October but it was still hot, in the 90's. I would just put a onesie and maybe some socks on him, or throw on lightweight otton pants over his onesie. It seems weird at first to have so much of your baby exposed but it gets too hot otherwise. Get sone light blankets so you can use thosevif you feel like he is not covered enough

amber {and co.} said...

Haha when Chandler was a baby he looked exactly the same way Kyle did- curse those Utah winters! I think a summer baby will be much more enjoyable (and no trudging through ice and snow to get him into the car! Whoo hoo!) Wish I had more advice for you (other than to drop Kyle off anytime you need a break. Seriously.) Ü

Rachel said...

Cora was July so she mostly wore onesies, socks, and I'd keep a light flannel blanket on hand. The light swaddling blankets are a MUST for the summer baby.
The yellow stains I've yet to find a cure for:)

Unknown said...

I agree with megan. My son was bornin AZ in August and all i put on him were onesies and sockd until like november. The best light weight blankets are just large pieces of fabric that have ben hemmed or surged around the edge. Now for the stains oxyclean spray works really well just make sure you let it sit for like 5 minutes before you wash it. I did that with somethings that I got from a yard sale and they came out. Enjoy that new baby when he comes hope that helped.

Corynn said...

OxyClean Spray. I have put it on hand me downs with stains and they have come out, to my complete surprise. :) Good luck!

Jenny said...

i have not had as much luck as your other friends with the Oxyclean spray, but now i'm going to try it again since it seems to work for other people. maybe i'm not patient enough to wait the 5 minutes.

opposite seasons are hard- you would think if you had 2 of the same gender you could re-use the clothes! i think it's mostly just the first 6 months or so where it makes a big difference though.

Chelsea said...

I had a June and a November baby. I felt like each extreme also. For Cash (June) I just bought a few extra onsies and used all my light weight blankets from Carter. We stayed inside most of the time because it was so darn hot outside, so we ended up putting Cash in a lot of the long sleepers from Carter because the house was so cold.
I vote to use Oxyclean too! We have the spray version for quick little stains, and we use the powder to soak things over night for heavier set stains. Good luck :)

Cara Jones said...

Mckenna was born in July and I hardly ever put pants on her! Just onesies and sometimes little shorts. She got some hand-me-downs that were the wrong seasons, so I tried those out. It seriously was perfect for our house to have her in a long sleeved onesie and nothing else. If we were going to be outside for any length of time I made sure I did a short sleeved onesie. One thing I read about over/under dressing your infant is dress them in only one layer more than you are wearing (blankets included). That was way helpful for me with Mckenna.
I think that Oxycleans works best for stains like that. You can make your own "spray" using the powder variety. It gives you instructions on the box!

jes said...

Emma was born June 16th in Arizona. She wore summer clothes (short-sleeved shirts, onesies, etc.), but we always had her in a blanket because it's always windy (fans, air conditioning, etc.). Definitely take blankets when going to church, the mall, and the grocery store. We made cotton blankets, as opposed to flannel. Even though they aren't as soft, they aren't as sweaty. The key is to avoid the sun...especially in the car!

August and Melissa said...

I don't have any advise but all this sounds good to me- guess what Jen - my date is moved up to June 8th or around there for c-section- wouldn't it be crazy if our boys were born on the same day???you never know...it might happen :)

Our Little Family said...

Kimball was born the end of May and since it was over 100 degrees for 59 straight days last Summer :( we stayed inside most of the time. When we did go out, we put her in a onesie and shorts.

Nicole said...

Lots of onesies for here, and I still used the warmer long sleeved clothes inside, since they're still so little and it can be cold inside with the AC on all the time.

JONESIES said...

I vote for oxyclean also. I use the powder stuff. We blessed Ella in my blessing dress (like 23 years old!) andfer soaking it overnight it was mostly white! I'm sure it can take care of 2 years! Good luck!

Anderson Adventures said...

Onesies and socks. We moved to AZ when Bentley was only 3mos. I had to buy all new stuff for him bc all I had were warm clothes.

Unknown said...

Matthew is a June baby, and all we had him in where those little gown type things, that are open on the bottom so that we could change his diaper without waking him, and he had his little feet out to feel fresh. Lot's of little shirts & diaper days! He was born in Dallas, but that year was HOT! I imagine just as hot as it will be here!