Thursday, February 11, 2010

Our Morning

This was the only evidence left of my rough morning with Kyle:
 For some reason I thought I would be brave and go to the grocery store this morning with Kyle. Unfortunately it has been cold and raining today so I told Kyle we couldn't leave until he got his jacket on. I wrestled  helped him get it on and then he threw a big fit. He rolled on the ground for fifteen minutes crying, "Don't want it! I don't want my jacket! No jacket!" Eventually he got the jacket off himself by pulling on it and also using his teeth.
  Well, I finally put him in his crib where he continued to cry and also sounded like he was going to throw up a couple of times because he had worked himself up so much. I went in there a little later and got him. We went downstairs and I called Tim to complain and Kyle made himself happy by eating some marshmallows. I got off the phone and started crying and sniffling when I heard Kyle mutter, "Blow. Nose." Then he ran in the bathroom and came all the way back to me with the toilet paper (still attached of course) so I could blow my nose. He even lifted it up to my nose. This entire drama took forty minutes from the time I first put on his jacket. We never made it to the store.

  Oh man, kids can be so hard sometimes. There are times that all I can think about is going somewhere like California to lounge on the beach for a weekend, definite that I would feel rejuvenated by the end. Then there are days when I just feel so much love for this little man that I'm beaming with smiles. I love that I get to be his mom and I love watching him grow. I'm also grateful he's faster than me at forgetting what a rough morning we had and wanted to help me out when he saw me sad.

I love that cheesy grin. He really is growing up to be such a good little guy. A stubborn one, but a good one. 



(Problem is he gets it from his Mama).

10 comments:

Cara Jones said...

What a morning!!! I love how sweet he was to get you toilet paper, but I am sorry it was a rough morning. I have had plenty of those lately :-(. We are going to UT next week (for a last little get away before our baby comes.....) but I am dying to hang out!!!

Lisa said...

I use to say that the reason Carter had the cutest smile was that when I would go into his room after a morning similar to the one you described it was the only thing that could melt my heart. Hang in there, you'll laugh at it one day, right! And if you ever want to come lay on the beach for a few days come visit! I'll take Kyle for you and you can rejuvenate. It really does work! It would be so fun!!

Kristina said...

Hey, I am Jenny Heyman's cousin and sometimes check out your blog bc our sons are about the same age. We had the exact same tantrum about my little guy's coat the other day. Tantrums seem to be the cool new thing to do. It is definitely no fun! I can't imagine my little guy doing that and being pregnant at the same time! Hope your afternoon is better!

Ann-Marie said...

I'm SOOOOO sorry! We need the sun to come out so we can all GO outside and play. It's making me gloomy! I'll understand if your appointment takes a suspiciously LONG time tomorrow! ;) We all need breaks!

Ani said...

oh man! i hear ya! we had to leave the park because kate would not stop looking through my purse and screaming for a sucker. i tried putting my purse up in a tree, but then just just screamed, "PURSE, TREE!!" Oh these little people. Love them.

mom - Diane - Grandma :-) said...

Haha! When you're a grandma you can laugh and smile about what your grandkids do. How sweet of Kyle to bring you the tp (still connected to the roll). I'm glad you documented it!

Jenny said...

oh yay my cousin commented! she's so great.

i'm glad you got a picture of the t.p. train. very sweet...but it would have been even sweeter if he didn't make you cry in the first place :)

you can come visit us in california anytime! although our house isn't very relaxing!

megan said...

Oh man. I wish I lived closer to you so we could trade crazy days, or spend them together! I just said tidy that catcher got all of Reuben's good qualities and all of my bad ones.

Amy said...

I'm sorry you had a rough morning. You should have come over here and hung out with us. We are still trying to get back to our routine. I hope you day is better tomorrow. Love the tp train out the bathroom :)

danielle said...

i love that cute grin!
hope you're doing well jen!!