Monday, February 15, 2010

Just the Three of Us

Here's an update on the three of us:

1) TRay- He left me this weekend to spend time at his friend's ranch. Now, I have had a few people ask, "What type of husband leaves their wife by herself on Valentine's Day?" but I choose to see it as, "What type of wife let's their husband leave them?" An awesome one!
  He left Friday after class and got back earlier on V-day than originally planned, so it really wasn't that bad. He had fun riding quads, shooting guns and "hunting" for different animals. I don't think they ever found any.
Tim with an AK-47. I think he looks a little too comfortable.
  He keeps himself busy with school and spends time at the District Attorney's office. He used to be in the criminal section and dreaded going, but now he is in the civil section and really likes it. We hope to be able to do a clerkship in AZ for the coming summer, so if you know of any attorneys at firms who are looking for a summer clerk, let us know!
   Tim is also a teacher for the Elder's quorum at church right now. Unfortunately he got released as YM basketball coach. (If you know that story, you know I'm being sarcastic).

2) Me- I'm having a lot of fun with my little man these days and am hoping some sort of nesting phase kicks in soon. When Kyle goes down at one for a nap my body seems to shut down too. I can't believe that I am six months pregnant! Where has the time gone? Soon it will not be, "just the three of us." My baby boy is "in the basement" as my dr. puts it and I have to go to the bathroom all the time because of it! I can now see the baby move from the outside of my stomach and sleeping comfortably through the night has become a challenge.
  I feel better in this pregnancy than I ever did with Kyle. Each day I think about how grateful I am to be feeling this good and it puts an extra little bounce in my step. You think I'm joking but it really does make me that happy.
  I really haven't done much to prepare Kyle yet besides telling him not to kick me in my stomach because I have a baby there :). Any advice would be great! My sis-in-law Jenny sent Kyle the cutest book that he calls, "Big brother." So we read that which is great. I try to ask him questions like, "Kyle does Mom have a baby in her stomach?" He says, "No." "Are you going to have a baby brother?" "Baby brother." That's about it. He's either going to love it or hate it. He's always hot or cold.

3) My Kyle boy. Valentine's day was monumental for us because it was the first time we witnessed Kyle try to break dance! Tim turned on the All-Star game and Kyle tried copying Usher's back-up dancers. Oh we died laughing. I wasn't fast enough to get the break-dancing moves but here is some dancing:  

  On Sunday he came up to me with a Nerf gun and said, "Mama I want to shoot your bum." He's good at finding an open target I guess! My other favorite line of his lately is, "Try again!" He says this while doing summersaults and shooting baskets. He keeps me busy trying to figure out ways to entertain him during the day. He is obsessed with watching Mickey Mouse Clubhouse on the Disney channel website. He doesn't like to color, watercolor, read, etc. He does like to bake, play with his basketball hoop, ride his Diego bike, play his instruments and do anything outside. I'm having a hard time finding new activities.

That's the three of us... for now!

9 comments:

Candace Heyman said...

Those pics are suuuper cute! And you ARE an awesome wife to let Tim take off for Valentine's weekend. I LOVE the pic where Kyle is pointing to your tummy. Adorable.

Candace Heyman said...

ps- that video made me laugh and laugh.

Jenny said...

that belly's looking cute jen! i can't believe i'm going to have two new adorable little nephews soon!

chris was so jealous tim got to go shooting! what a nice wife, it looks like he loved it.

Jen said...

I can't believe you're already 6 mos along. Wow. I hope you continue to feel good!

mom - Diane - Grandma :-) said...

You were a loving wife to let Tim go on Valentine's weekend. I'm sure he'll always remember that! :-)

I knew Kyle was the music man, but dancing too??haha Love it!

Katie said...

What a great wife you are! P.S. Your tummy's looking adorable. I am excited for when my tummy looks like that, so people will know I'm pregnant. Right now, they are probably thinking I've been eating too many twinkies.

megan said...

I am so happy that you are feeling good. You are looking awesome! Pictures and video are adorable. Catcher loved to watch Kyle dancing. Hopefully you guys can be here over the summer! I don't know any lawyers that you don't know otherwise I would try to hook you up.

Unknown said...

What a cute little tummy you have! Kyle is growing up so fast and I am sure he will be a great big brother! :)

amber {and co.} said...

I love that last picture of Kyle, too cute! He's getting so big, he looks like a little man now! You're looking great too, love your baby bump! Ü