Monday, February 1, 2010

So Proud

  Every night when we pray with Kyle before bed we pray that he will remember not to hit his friends. Well, yesterday he hit me and I told him to say sorry. He told me sorry and gave me a hug. This was the first time I have EVER heard him say sorry, even though I tell him to all the time.

  Then today he hit me again (see why we pray for help every night?) and right after he did it he looked at me, said, "Sorry Mama!" and gave me a hug. I didn't even have to tell him.

  So, yes, pathetically the first time our child said sorry was at the age of two but this is so exciting for me, I had to document it. I almost forgot that he even hit me in the first place!

  This picture cracks me up. Always trying to control my active little guy. Thanks to our friends Jenni and Mason for taking these photos!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ethan doesn't hit other kids... just me. And he loves it. I always put him in time out but he doesn't care. I need to remind him to say sorry. congrats!!

Jenni said...

I love that picture of you!

amber {and co.} said...

Oh Jennifer that is so sweet- Kyle really is a sweet kid! it must be so rewarding to know that the things you drill into his head are actually getting through to him Ü And ditto to Jenni's comment, you look great in that picture!

Candace Heyman said...

That is a terrific photo of you... but I want to see a belly shot asap! Glad to hear your prayers are paying off. Kyle is such a sweet boy.

Nielsens said...

haha ya for the monster!!!! you tame that wild beast jen! cute picture!

Andrea Hale said...

hahah don't worry about it, they learn eventually. :) That is so sweet! Oh, and about Tim leaving for school and Kyle bawling... I've been there! :) The thing that helped for us (well, for Grant-not for the neighbors seeing me half awake and in my pj's) was letting Grant walk out with Chris and watch him drive away. Don't know why he loves it, but he does. We watch him go to the end of the street, turn, and then "race" inside. Good luck! Poor boy!

August and Melissa said...

so cute! Let's hope your next little boy is nicer! lol jk

Andrea said...

here is a sample of a conversation my bug and I had the other day when she was hitting me.

me- "m if you hit me again you are going to time out"

m- "for how long, 3 minutes?

me - "yes 3 minutes"

m- "okay, that's not that long."

she then hit me again.