We arrived back today from a short trip to Fort Worth to spend the weekend with Andy, Hillery and Sadie. Despite the freezing temperatures we had so much fun and Kyle loved being reunited with his cousin. I'm blaming it on the pregnancy... I forgot our camera. Luckily Hillery snapped a few that I'll post when I get them.
Unfortunately when I showered tonight the water didn't get as warm as I like it. When it came time for Kyle's bath the water was COLD and for some strange reason he didn't want to get out. He was pouring cup full after cup full of water on him and yelling, "Cold! Cold!"
After looking online for solutions, we are thinking it's time the water heater needs to be replaced. Yikes! $$$ TRay said he thought this was coming. Here's Kyle fresh out of the freezing bath trying to get a horsey ride as Tim is checking out the water heater. I thought it was hilarious.
In the meantime, we are taking donations and if our hair looks a little greasy, give us a break... or offer a warm shower. :)
And a little precious moment tonight. This is how Kyle shoots baskets lately. I'm not sure how he can even see:
Edit: We got it fixed today! Hooray! Thank you for your kind offers and advice.
Monday, February 8, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



8 comments:
Hope you guys had a fun getaway. That is crappy about your water heater. And Kyle cracks me up. What a cutie.
Kyle is too cute!!! You're welcome to come shower here, just not sure if the drive is worth it. Sorry!
We live so close. If you want to come take a shower anytime, I will even make sure Kyle has someone to play with. PS I am your visiting teacher you know, so you should probably take me up on this.
Oh no! Cold showers are the worst. Love the pic of Kyle with his ball. That hat couldn't be funnier looking.
ugh cold showers take me back to ghana (which were cold BUCKET showers) it wasn't until the last two weeks of our time there we realized we could boil a pot of water and add it to our cold shower bucket - it made all the difference! good luck...
Yes, bucket showers work until it gets fixed. We had this problem at Ryan's parents' house this summer and I blogged about how to take a bucket shower in July : http://allisonexcuse.blogspot.com/2009/07/bucket-shower.html
I feel for you guys!
You are more than welcome to come over and use our shower. Good luck with the water heater!
Oh yay, glad it's fixed- not having a hot water heater would be the death of me!! You're always welcome to come and use our shower/bath, we're not too far away! Ü
Post a Comment