Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Frumpapotamus

Yesterday I walked out of my room around nine-o'clock a.m. dressed and ready for the day. Kyle turned, looked at me, and excitingly asked, "We go bye-bye Mama?"

Yep, it's true. I don't get dressed unless I'm going somewhere.

I then was reminded of a week ago when my siblings and I took our kids on a walk and Curtis dubbed me, "Frumpapotamus."
That would be me, above, in Tim's basketball shorts and a black t-shirt. Hmmm. I think I fit the name quite well.

Problem is, I like to be comfortable! I've never considered myself to have style. Stylish people can wear jeans in 100 degree weather. That would be my sister:
Who looks that cute camping??
Or my sister-in-law Cbug:
Can we say gorgeous?

Or my sister-in-law Jenny 
(who I don't know if she can wear pants in 100 degree weather but she looks cute all the time)

I guess what I'm trying to say is, if someone in my family has to take the title of Frumpapotamus it's going to be me. And after thinking about the name for thirty seconds, I'm just glad it's that and not Hippopotamus! 

Now, who wants to nominate this mama for What Not to Wear??

14 comments:

Nicole said...

At least you probably shower - more than I can say... TMI. Anyway, is that your stroller? I want it.

Jenny said...

i'm pretty sure i'm right there in the frumpapotamus category with you, but that was kind :) today i look straight out of little house on the prairie. seriously, my hair is in a braid. i'm a little embarrassed about it.

even if you have style i don't see any reason to wear jeans in 100 degree weather. so i generally try not to. plus you totally have cute style! look at the family picture on your blog, way cute!

The Francis Family said...

Whatever Jen! In that picture it looked to me like you were wearing a glamorous skirt out for an evening walk...I seriously thought that until I read the caption! You have great style and I have ALWAYS been jealous of your face. You do make comfy clothes look glamorous.

Also, you're right about your sister. I have never seen anyone look even remotely cute while camping, but she has gone and done it. Oh well, it's probably not worth the effort! I'm glad you're having fun!!

Sarah Robbins said...

If it makes you feel better, I was getting ready to walk out the door to go to Target and realized I hadn't showered and was still wearing my pajamas. Whoops! And this was AFTER a trip to the grocery store earlier in the day. Here's to all the frumpapotmuses!

Jenni said...

I'm just relieved that I get to wear the closest thing possible to pajamas every day. On the weekends I don't know what to do with myself! Real clothes are so much effort!

Anonymous said...

I HATE putting on normal clothes if I'm not going anywhere! What a waste. I totally feel ya girl!

Andrea said...

Can't even count the number of times micaela has told me to get out of my pajamas

megan said...

Well, I have to say that your sister and sister-in-laws are pretty much the cutest, and you are right up there with them. I run all my errands after I go to the gym so not only am I in workout clothes, I am sweaty and red and just a complete mess. We talked about this yesterday, you know how to clean up and that counts for everything.

Have fun this weekend! Let me know if Kyle wants to come over on Tuesday while you are trying to pack up to go. Catche will already have a frien over to play, so what's one more?!

Amy said...

I'm all about the comfies. The minute I get home from somewhere, I immediately change. I love it! Don't be ashamed!

Lisa said...

I'm all for getting everything done in my PJs. You always look cute - even in a pair of Tim's basketball shorts!

Ann-Marie said...

I'm so with you. I often dream of the good ol' days when I had style and fashion. Sigh.

Nielsens said...

ok jen, you are cute and i havent had kids yet so who knows what will happen to me then.

and the camping thing...my hair just stayed curled from the previous day and it was raining so i put on my boots...i really didnt do anything spectacular that day!!!

mom - Diane - Grandma :-) said...

Frumpapotamus! haha
I'm afraid you got it from your Mom. Sorry!.....
Only you look cute and adorable in whatever you have on!!

jon♥kara said...

That's pretty funny. But you always look cute when you try, so you're not a total frump. : )