Today was Tim's last first day of law school! It's hard to believe that two years ago we were just moving into our home and getting set up for life as a family in law school.
I love the chub on Kyle!
So far I haven't had the experience I had hoped for in TX, and I may be found telling Tim every now and then that I feel "robbed" of our law school experience. It hasn't been a bad experience, just different. I just remember my parents talking so fondly of their days in law school and the friends they made. Maybe it was because they were in San Diego?!? For me, I never fell in love with San Antonio--I have one year left to try and change my mind! On the other hand, I will miss the people I have met and I am grateful for some of the friends I have made who I know I will keep in contact with forever!
What I will always remember about the past two years is how much the Lord has blessed our little family. I remember being in our apartment in Provo and calling my mom crying while working on a budget. I just could not figure out how we were going to survive law school! My mom told me that it would never work out on paper, but to trust the Lord, pay our tithing and fast offering and to just continue trying to make the best choices. As I got Nolan ready for bed in a pair of pajamas we got for really cheap, Tim and I were talking about how much the Lord has helped us and blessed us. I would have never imagined the amount of clothes I would receive for Nolan from people. I figured since I was having a second boy in a row nothing new would be needed. Boy was I wrong--with opposite seasons Nolan really had nothing from Kyle's to use. The clothes and gift cards we received were such a blessing! While we have had unexpected expenses, there have also been unexpected assistance. There are other things that I have both wanted and/or needed that have gone on sale, opportunities for Tim to do odd paid jobs here and there, hand-me downs (for the boys and me!), the perfect coupons, etc.
For Christmas last year we used a gift card from a returned gift from our wedding to buy Tim a new pair of church shoes. (Yes, we hold onto gift cards forever!) Well, we got him an expensive brand of shoes with that gift card and figured the shoes should be comfortable and long-lasting for him. Come to find out, since last December the shoes never really "broke-in" and Tim never liked wearing them because they hurt. We were devastated since we used all of our gift card. Six months later, this summer, Tim took them into the department store and with no receipt or proof of purchase not only did they take them back, but they gave him brand new, even nicer shoes with Nike technology in them as a replacement. Tim couldn't believe how comfortable they were! He was completely honest with the store about how long ago they were bought and how often he wore them. We were shocked! Tender mercy!!
I know that when we pay our tithing and fast offerings and are patient that the Lord will look out for us.
And now, if you're still reading, a little video of Nolan loving his hands. He had already been doing this for awhile. He's noisiest toward the end:



4 comments:
You have a new blog up everytime I need one! I'm glad you guys are getting settled back into San Antonio. How exciting it is Tim's last year of law school. Did you jump for joy?
Isn't it amazing how much the Lord blesses you? I hate when I fail to see those blessings, but luckily I am reminded so often of how much He has done for me and my family. I know without Him ther is no way Reuben would be able to go to school. I'm sure you feel the exact same way.
great post. our FHE lesson last night was on tithing so this just fits right in!
i hope you guys have a great last year of law school! maybe you'll look back more fondly on law school when you have a little distance from it. that's usually how i am.
and i know what you mean about the different seasons. i am constantly pulling out kate's old clothes trying to figure out why macy doesn't have enough. thank goodness for nice grandmas right!?
Hope you have a great last year! I agree with Jenny, you may feel differently a few years from now, when the Lord has started using the lessons you are learning now for future circumstances. . . I was just reminiscing about college the other day, and then I realized I graduated 7 years ago! The days are long, but the years just whiz right by. . .
YAY for the last year! That seems so far away for us! I know it's a little different but when I was up in Flagstaff in school we were both SOOOO ready to leave. It wasn't until after we left we realized how much we loved it up there. Like Jenny thats usually how I am too. I guess I need to learn to appreciate how things are NOW! I do hope that you have a good last year!!!! The same thing with the budget happened to us before we got married. Every time we tried to work on the budget it said we would be in the hole every month but we still managed to save. What a blessing!
Post a Comment