Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Like Father, Like Son

 This year marked twenty years since the death of Tim's dad, Mario. On Sunday we got together with Tim's family to watch home videos and talk a little about his dad. Tim's Aunt Mary talked at the end about Mario's love for Carol. She said that Mario loved Carol so much that he would do anything for her and would always do it without complaining. This really touched my heart because it reminded me of just the way Tim treats me.

  I don't know much about Mario, but it was neat to hear him described exactly the same way as I would describe Tim. I'm lucky to be married to a guy who does so much for me. I hope my boys will grow up to fit the same description as their dad, just like Tim does his.


(We also blessed this little man on Sunday, more pics to come!)

11 comments:

Andrea said...

hate to break it to u jenn, but that man is NOT little. hehe.

Amy S said...

Oh what a great way to remember Tim's dad.
Nolan is a little chunk! I love it!! Can't wait to see more pictures of his blessing.

megan said...

How awesome! What a great way to remember Tim's dad. I'm sure your boys will grow up to be great men

Heather O'Brien said...

That's really neat. I can't believe how big (and cute) Nolan is. He's adorable. Hope you guys are having a fun time.

The Scotts said...

Great thoughts and great picture!! Nolan looks so cute!

danielle said...

ughh! i'm so sad I missed you guys. my az trip was a complete tornado & i was always busy. wish i could've seen those cute babies. hope you're doing well!

August and Melissa said...

I love that picture!

Nuestra Familia said...

Love your post and the cute picture. You are great for Tim too:)

Terin said...

I LOVE that picture. It's seriously so beautiful. I was really touched by this post. I am sure your boys will turn out great. They have great parents so the odds are in their favor.

jes said...

ammon said that he's "cautiously optimistic" about passing the bar. he took the barbri study course online. he worked full-time in june and studied when he got home, and then studied full-time in july. i was definitely a single mom. it was terrible! he has a job lined up in flagstaff if he passes, but we don't find out til october 15th. he's just clerking until then.

Faldmo's said...

Such a sweet post - thanks for sharing. That picture is precious :)