Two days after giving birth to sweet Nolan we were home from the hospital.
Three days after that Tim drove to AZ to begin a clerkship.
Four days later my mother, Kyle, Nolan and I boarded a plane to fly to AZ where we would live at my parents' for the next two and 1/2 months.
Nolan was only ten days old.
I was freaked. I'm a person who has the viewpoint that you should keep your newborn inside for at LEAST a month, more like six weeks. Church? That's the worst place you could bring them.
So, to board a plane with my little newborn worried me and went against everything I believed in but it had to be done. It could have never been done, however, without my wonderful mother. My mom flew out the Monday before I had Nolan and stayed with me the almost two weeks in order to help me fly home to AZ. She took care of Kyle while we were at the hospital, cooked wonderful food, cleaned like only she knows how to clean and probably most importantly, helped me deal with "Special K" at the time.
We only left the house to go to doctor appointments that I had scheduled before flying so my little house got even smaller fast! Those were the longest days, but my mom never complained. I owe you so much mom!!!
Now, our summer is over and we are back in TX. Our house is the same, but we have added Nolan. Our closest friends have moved away, but hopefully we can make new ones. I'm trying to get our house put together but of course I'm going to have to take breaks to do a little blogging of some fun activities we did and sweet memories we made during the summer!
We miss our family in AZ!
Saturday, August 21, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
Your mom is so awesome!! I love her:)
About potty training, it's hard but don't be discourage Kyle will get it. I always have to try at least a couple of different times. Then they seem to get it better the second time around. Kyle is so smart he is just likes things his way but the good part is he loves his candy for rewards.
It was a whirlwind but we not only survived we had a fantastic summer! It just went by waaay toooo fast. We miss you! Can't wait to see the blog recaps!
Love it. I wish we could rewind back to when you were still here!
Post a Comment