Thursday, September 9, 2010

Thanks for the Rain!


Thanks to Hurricane Hermine we had tons of rain on Tuesday and Wednesday. On Tuesday it rained pretty much the entire day. Tim's classes got cancelled because the power went out and that night I woke up to the loudest thunder I've ever heard. Don't worry-- of course Nolan, Kyle and Tim all slept through it but I was awake for at least an hour after that. The flashing light from the lightening and continuing thunder were keeping me awake!

On Wednesday Kyle had a little fun while waiting for Tim to get home from school:

His soaked, sagging shorts were cracking me up!


  These pictures reminded me of one of the sweetest moments I had in AZ. The night before we left there was an awesome monsoon storm. The winds were blowing hard and the rain was coming down hard. Cbug and Kyle sat outside on the porch to watch it and then started jumping in the rain together. He was having so much fun and it was so sweet of Candace to do that with Kyle. It made me so sad to think of leaving the next day. Everytime I come across these photos I think of how lucky I am to have such a great family. Thanks Candace for being such a fun aunt to Kyle!

Look at those trees blowing! I ran inside right after this one.

6 comments:

Amy S said...

Wasn't that rain crazy!? We had it here too. There was a lot of flooding and road closures. We didn't get so much of the lightening though..too bad. I have never seen it rain like that. Kallon is sure glad the storm has passed and so am I now I can send him back outside. Kyle looks like he had a blast in the rain, too cute! Every picture I see of him he looks more and more grown up and oh so handsome! He is gonna be a ladies man. haha :)

Jen said...

I'm jealous. It is so dry here. Whenever we do get rain it usually lasts 5-10 minutes. Ty probably thinks I'm weird but whenever it does rain I'm pushing him out the door to go play. :)

mom - Diane - Grandma :-) said...

Great pictures! Kyle looks so much older. We can't wait until you come again. :-)

Sarah Robbins said...

Wow! That is A LOT of rain! We were supposed to get some from Hurricane Earl, but it was dry as a bone. . . Glad you all had so much fun!

megan said...

That looks like so much fun! We love to jump in the puddles! I keep wishing for more rain here, but it is looking doubtful (you know with blue skies and such)

Hillery said...

Loving Kyle's new "going out" look with the hat and shades. Reminds us Curtis at BYU when he wore sunglasses everywhere. Can't wait to see you guys!