1. Let your kid decide when he is ready.
I think Kyle knew I was scared to death to potty train him. Good thing he took matters into his own hands. It's been two weeks since he/we started and he's only had one accident-- and it was in a pull-up! Now he wears underwear during the day and pull-ups at night. He even wakes up dry most mornings!
2. Make sure everyone understands your child's "signs" and vocabulary.
For example, Kyle starts running around and going crazy when he needs to go #2. We also call #2 "stinky feet" in our house. I think it all stemmed from when we would change his dirty diapers we would say, "Man that reeks! It smells like stinky feet!" Now Kyle tells us he needs to go stinky feet.
3. Let them pick out the underwear. If you choose a different character to add variety, it will not get worn.
Toy Story is the underwear of choice over here. I should have never picked up a pack of Cars....
4. Have plenty of rewards on hand.
He used to get a piece of candy for every time he went #1. He was afraid of going #2 so we had to pull in the big guns:
Ice Cream
Policeman accessories for Mr. Potato Head
and
TALKING TO BUZZ LIGHT YEAR!
Oh man, I wish I had videotaped the first time we called Buzz. His face got really red, he did this cute nervous laugh and was left speechless! It was so cute. Oh, how do you call Buzz Lightyear? I hope you have an awesome brother like I do. Thanks Curbo!! This video is from yesterday, when Buzz was kind and let us call him two times in a row.
I die when Curtis--I mean Buzz-- says, "That is a good boy, Kyle. Buzz Lightyear is happy you went stinky feet on the toilet."
As you can probably tell, I am so proud of Kyle! I was so freaked out about potty training him and he has done great. He even decided he was ready for the big bed too. We had a couple of no-nap days but he is getting back into the routine.
Happy Boy:
(taken by Kyle, himself. Notice his big bed behind me!)
He is growing up so fast. I love my Kyle boy!




15 comments:
Wow! I'm so impressed. I hope it will be that good for us!
Yeah for Kyle! Yeah for you!
hahaahh that phone call is the best thing ever i love it.
Good job Kyle!! I am so impressed that he potty trained so quickly. Kallon still doesn't always make it through the night. I love that he got to call Buzz Light year. HAHA so funny!
Jen! That is awesome! I hope you realize what a blessing that is.
Calling Buzz- such a great idea. Curbo was very convincing :)
Hehe...cute! My mom was 'Dora the Explorer' for Logan when we were potty training her. It was a big deal to Logan and made the process so much easier! Glad for your...Kyle's...success!
Jen that video is so cute! Good job Kyle!
Oh what a wonderful experience! Can you and Kyle come potty train Luke next time you're in AZ? Clearly, Luke and I are missing something!
Thats awesome! You seriously lucked out! But you deserved it!
I am so jealous and of course very happy for you! I can hardly wait to get Ty trained.
Wow! I am SO glad it went well and you didn't have a nightmare experience. One of my friends just finished her little one having 20 accidents on the floor yesterday. I'm hoping mine comes out potty trained? You should have Candace video tape it from Curtis's side. I think that would be pretty funny too!
I am dying. so awesome. can i have your brothers number? he could start a business out of this! The call girls do!
That is hilarious!! Curtis is too funny. I'm glad he's doing so well with potty training!!
I cannot even tell you how happy I am for you! Is that Curtis using a voice changer to talk like that? He sounds just like him. I was seriously laughing the whole time.
Catcher is a big fan of his Buzz undies, but will wear different characters as long as I let him pick them out. If I try to pick them out, then no way. Also, Catcher does that same running around crazy thing when he has to go #2
YEAH KYLE!!! I never guessed how handy Curtis' ability to do funny voices would be! haha I watched the video several times and it cracks me up every time!
Post a Comment