In good news, Kyle and I made it safely on Saturday. I was picked up by my kind sis in law Hillery. How spoiled am I to move to a place where I already have some friends and family? She even had some groceries for us. Thanks so much! We dropped off Kyle at my personal hero, Jenni Konkle's, house and then made it to our house. The boys had already unloaded the truck and returned it! Tim had roses for me and lunch. He knows I'm very unhappy when I am hot and hungry. He could take care of the hunger but he couldn't take care of the heat--which by the way I think I am handling well.
The house is fabulous! It's taking days to unpack and clean up, but we'll get there. We had never seen the house in person. I cried on the plane ride because I was sure there was going to be something awful about it. Besides the awful bathroom mirror and a few gold fixtures here and there, it's great.
The people in San Antonio are so friendly. Whether they are speaking English or not, so many people stop and talk to Kyle whether it's convenient or not for me either. Our neighbors are nice as well.
Anyway, I got Tim to reduce his six boxes of mission stuff to just one. In the process we came across some great photos. For your pleasure I decided to take a break from painting and post them:
Please notice Preston and Brandon Basha, Matt, Andy, Robert Kempton, Curtis, Tim, Cody Pace, Pete (aren't you too old for these guys?), Steven Kempton, Chris, John Kempton and Tyson Basha!


Please notice Preston and Brandon Basha, Matt, Andy, Robert Kempton, Curtis, Tim, Cody Pace, Pete (aren't you too old for these guys?), Steven Kempton, Chris, John Kempton and Tyson Basha!

I hope Kyle is as cute as a little TRay.

Chris and Tyson sporting the MIckey Mouse. Nice legs Chris!

Such a Kyle face.

I didn't know Pete wore glasses!

B Ray in his baseball days.
And last but not least another all-time favorite. Don't you wonder what they were all in amazement about?


12 comments:
Yee haw you made it! It amazes me still to this day how friendly everyone is. I am glad you have some family and friends.
The pictures absolutely were amazingly funny to see. Cody and I were cracking up. That was great. I stole a copy for our records! :)
before you know it you'll be saying ya'll! those pictures are awesome, but I cannot believe how much that looks JUST LIKE KYLE!
I'm glad you made it ok. So it's not just Derrick that has a ton of mission stuff then? lol have Tim call him and convince him to get rid of some stuff. I have a bottle of moldy Bermuda sand in my bathroom that he refuses to get rid of! *ew ew ew*
ha ha ha! Those pictures crack me up. I can totally see everyone looking like that like it was yesterday. There is a little boy in my ward that looks so much like steven kempton it makes me laugh every time I see him.
oh my goodness those are classic. i figured out where kate got her rabbit front teeth from (that last picture of chris)! i thought that baby picture of tim was kyle until i looked closer. kyle's face definitely has you in it. thanks for scanning those! i'm going to save the ones with chris in them.
ps.
10010
love kate
Hey ya- Kelsey did go out with your cousin- Kyle Curtis right?? I haven't met him yet but I saw a pic of him. He looks like Andy Ray I think! Hey, have I met him? Which was the Curtis kid that went up to NAU with me and dated Aubrey or something?? I can't remember...Kelsey is in love with Kyle though and would LOVE to marry him, but I don't think he's into her that much...He asked out her best friend and made her sooo mad...
I'm glad you survived the trip! Good luck unpacking. We're doing the same and it is such a long process. I can't wait to see pics of your house and good luck finding your camera (I still can't find the screws to our dinner table, but where ever they are they are in a safe spot. lol)
Yay you made it! We cant wait to hang out! Once you are a little more settled in you will have to give us a call! I am glad everything is good with your house and can't wait to see it!!!
Fabulous pics. So glad to have you here!
I just read your comment on my blog. I was so glad you are almost back to normal and you are back on line. I'm glad Kyle is getting new things, he is growing so fast. Those pictures are so funny and cute. I wonder if Pete was watching the younger boys or maybe he just liked bossing them around. I totally see a lot of similarities in Tim and Kyle (but I think he has your pretty eyes)
I thoroughly enjoyed the pictures. Glad to hear you made it to TX okay. Good luck with painting and unpacking and all that jazz!
Goodness, it's so fun to take a double look and squint and then say 'oh my is that..' so and so. I agree, Pete with glasses? When was he going to bring that up? Love the pics!
Post a Comment