Sunday, August 24, 2008

Weekend Warriors

   We had a busy yet fun weekend. On Friday I set foot in the kitchen and stayed there for the most time I've spent cooking in a long time. I think it was good for me. It gave me hope that I can cook if I actually take the time to do it. We had some friends over and I made some potatoes and a lemon cake, which recipes I posted on Jenny's cooking blog. Tim was excited to use the grill for the first time. I'll have to post the marinade for the chicken we used too. Here's a pic of me and Kyle (who was looking too much like a toddler for his age). I was holding his shoe because I wanted to point out how awesome they are. Please pretend like I'm wearing some mascara and whatever other eye stuff people use. My makeup was temporarily lost. It was the first time holding Cara and Jeff Jones new addition, Mckenna. She's adorable! Here's Mason acting like a natural:On Saturday Tim and Andy started laying some tile down in the house. The house came with some dandy yellow stained linoleum that we knew we'd have to replace. While Tim was tearing out the flooring, I was catching some photos of our cute boy. (What's new?)
Here's the latest page. It's pretty simple but I liked it.: Happy Bday to my MOM on Monday. We all know how much I love my beautiful mother. She is so fun, seems to know the answer to any question I ask, and is such a hard worker. I hope you have a great one Mom. You know I wish I was there to celebrate!

12 comments:

Jen said...

Kyle looks huge. He is SO adorable! And I do love his shoes! What size of clothing does he wear? Ty's only 3 months but wears 6-9mo clothing. I'm imagining that he'll look somewhat similar to Kyle. Oh, and you look beautiful w/ no makeup on...I'm jealous.

Jenny said...

good work on your dinner--all those recipes sounded really yummy. kyle does look so big! i really think he will have passed up kate by christmas. i love the shoes and his cute chubby little ankles!

Jenni said...

once again, delicious food! I'll have to head over to that blog and snatch them for myself. How does the tile look?

Anderson Adventures said...

Jen
I love how much character kyle is getting to him. He is such a cute baby and yes he is growing quite fast! I can't believe how much he has grown. I am so glad that you are having such a great time in texas. I love kyle's cute shoes. Miss youguys.

Hillery said...

Hope the tile is coming along nicely. Glad to hear you got the grill fired up - welcome to Texas!

EmilyCC said...

Oh yay! Another recipe blog!

(and I wish I looked that good without make-up)

Jaimee said...

Jen, congrats on your move to Texas! I've been so out of it that I didn't even know you had moved yet. Your house looks great and I am love the with Kyle's crib bedding--so cute! Good luck with everything while getting settled in. How fun that you will be so close to Andy & Hilary! I bet you all will make some great memories this next year. Hope to see you soon!

megan said...

oh no you look fantastic! I don't know if I got my point across on the phone today. Thanks for calling!

Nuestra Familia said...

Hey Jen, before reading your post I saw your pictures and I thought of how great you look and then I read what you said, NO WAY!!! you look so great and so does Kyle. I'm glad you guys had some friends over and you had fun in the kitchen. I will look up your recipes. Love ya
I want to see the finished tile work, I hope you guys like it.

Katie said...

I would like a play-by-play of the tiling. How did it go? How hard was it, really? I am dreading it! Oh, and also, you make me sick because you look gorgeous with no mascara or other eye stuff people use =-)

Jeremy & Audrie Williams said...

You guys are such a cute little family.

Brandon & Jillyn Larsen said...

kyle is getting so big. he's a doll! i can't imagine paying that much money on myself...let alone a growing child who will out grow them in a couple of months!
ps//how do you know mason?