Wednesday, August 20, 2008

The Haps

   Recently I've been reminded that it's a blessing to be healthy. Yesterday my sister called me to tell me that 3 of my cousins were in a car accident on the way to school in Mesa. Luckily two of them are doing ok, but my sweet cousin Chelsea is undergoing surgery right now.   We've also been thinking a lot about cute baby Claire who underwent brain surgery recently. You can read about it on Summer's blog. With such a sweet smile, who could guess that this little baby has gone through so much?     I haven't been able to meet Claire yet, but I hope to soon. She is so cute! Kyle's been sick too. I think I took him out in the rain too much. It's hard to stay inside though when it's been raining so much here! Luckily he felt well enough to read the Friend this morning. 
   It's sad/funny because Kyle starts to cry after he sneezes now because he knows I'm coming to wipe his nose. Tim decided to make a tomatillo salsa at 9:30 last night. We're enjoying our time with him around before he starts school on Monday and we never see him again :). Have a great day!

7 comments:

Bjarnson Family said...

I am sorry to hear about your cousins and the baby. I hope everything goes well.

Chelsea said...

Sorry about your cousins. Hope the surgery goes well.

I love that Kyle is "feasting" on the gospel. He is such a cutie. Hope he gets feeling better. We have had the same rain everyday for almost a week now. We are getting stir crazy!
And Tim's salsa looks so good. He should post the recipe for us :)

Jenni said...

Yikes...I hate to hear bad news like that. Hopefully everything is going well for both of them. On a different note, the color on your wall looks fantastic! I can't wait to see it in real life.

Nielsens said...

Kyle looks so grown up reading/eating the Friend!! Claire is adorable.
Everything went well in Chelsea's surgery. She still looks like a model, even after being in a car accident and undergoing major surgery.
How did the tomatillo salsa turn out?

Mom :)

The Scotts said...

I am glad for my health too! Kyle is just adorable. I love his eyes!

Jen said...

Kyle is so adorable! What a cutie!

The Red Crew said...

Holy POOP! I'm so sad i've never seen KYLE. LAME! He is a tank, the cutest tank ever. I am only alllowed to say that b/c Emmett was as well, just not as tall, until he began to run. But Kyle seems so happy and cheerful... hmmmmmm kinda like his Mom! I just was thinking about it last night that i can't believe I've never seen one of the biggest parts of your life (your son). We have endured to much together to not know eachother's kids. AND to top it all off you now live in TEXAS, I live in Oregon so the chances of us meeting up again are about the same as if we were to meet again at 27 Palace court. Anyways, i miss you and wish so badly that i could kiss your son's cheeks.

P.S. There is another crazy child kicking in my belly at this very minute and "it" is coming out in February. (We haven't really told a lot of people, except those who can see my expanding gut, but wanted you to know!)