Here's a pic of our new house. The homes all around us look exactly like this but in different colors. We really like it, our neighbors and the area. We can't wait to get totally settled in! So I still haven't figured out why they say "Everything is Bigger in Texas," but I have learned a few things while being here for the first week. I prefer the dry heat, the zoning is bad but it makes for very close stores to us, the people are incredibly friendly and it is way more diverse here than Utah. It is so fun to be somewhere new. I'm glad we had the opportunity to move away from Utah, but I am looking forward to the day we can be in AZ with our fam! Kyle turned seven months last week. He got a new car seat and a new high chair. Lucky boy. He was growing out of his old seat and we got his new one for a great deal at Babies R Us. The salesman even threw in 10% off (once again, so nice!). Kyle looks more comfortable in it and doesn't cry as much. We love the recline feature.
(Yes he is eating paper again...) He has also learned to sit up and play all by himself. This is Kyle's serious face. He is getting his second tooth so I am seeing this face a little more frequently.
At seven months he still loves his jumperoo, laughs at things on his own, sits up, loves to drink water out of a cup, still doesn't like baby food and loves to see other babies. His new friend is his cousin Sadie. I am so happy he gets to play with a cousin for a year!
I think the only way they look alike is in their thighs! Things are going really well. We just finished painting downstairs so I will take a pic when everything is moved back. Picking paint colors is the hardest thing! Also we went to church today and our ward is incredible. I never felt more welcomed into a new ward. There are a lot of couples in the same situation as us (husband in school, mom with kid) so I look forward to making new friends! Happy Sunday!


19 comments:
The house looks awesome! I am glad your ward welcomed you. That will make all the difference in the world!
Jennifer! What takes you and Tim to Texas? Your house is darling, and I'm so happy for you! Your family is so cute!
We have a Britax too and I love it! So worth the $$$. I love that you can keep them rear facing for so long too. Your house is cute and I can't wait to see more pics.
I'm so glad everything is working out! You sound far more upbeat than I am after I move :)
Cute house, too!
How fun! We're thinking about San Antonio for dental school, but that won't be for a long while. Good luck with settling in :)
Your house is so cute. I am so excited for you guys!
Yay! Sounds like things couldn't be better, your looking at all the positives and that's great. Your hose is super cute I can't wait to see more. i love the old pics from the last post, tim really does look like kyle when he was a baby.
Congrats! How fun that you guys get to live by eachother! What cute kids. Don't you just love the teething days??!?! Glad you like your ward and I hate choosing paint! I wasn't too happy with the yellow I first chose 2 years ago now, and I have finally decided that it is driving me insane because it is not right and I'm going to hopefully redo it before the year is over. It is everywhere but our bedrooms! It is alot!!!
How adaorable! You actually have a house! What a fun and welcome change. Hope you love Texas.
your house looks so cute! that is so awesome for you guys that everything's going well. sorry about the heat though; it does take a little getting used to. thats so funny that sadie is how much older and they look about the same size?
Maybe when you are done with that house we can buy it from you. I think it would be cheaper to ship that house here and put it somewhere than buy a stinking house here. I am very jealous. The house looks amazing.
Love the house! Luck ducks! I want a house!
Your little man is sooo cute!
Jen your house is so cute. The more I see houses in Texas the more I can think about moving there. I dont think it will ever happen but I sure dont like Arizona all that much.
Jen
Yay! It looks like things are finally settling down and you are able to enjoy good ole Texas. Your House is beautiful and I am Jelous you already have a yard. I will have to work on that when I get back. Kyle is growing so fast it even makes me sad and I'm not even his mom. I will miss youguys tons. Just think of me in the freezing snow when you get sick of the heat. haha
You're house is so cute! You were so brave to buy it without seeing it is person! And I'm glad to hear you guys made it there okay.
I am glad things are going well in Texas...good luck getting everything settled in...you must be so excited to have your own place! Tell Tim good luck getting ready for school! :)
hooray you guys are in your house! I can't believe Kyle is big enough for a new car seat! Is he forward or rear facing? Your house looks great! I am really wanting to go visit Austin, I hear it is a super hip place. Maybe someday we can go and visit you guys too!
Glad you guys made it! We are off tomorrow.
We almost bought the same style house- it is a pretty good layout, huh? We can't wait to see you guys! We have family in town but we will have to hang out after they leave (and you are settled in). Also, I am so glad you like the ward. We know a couple of people in the ward and hopefully I am going to start doing a craft group with Jenni and some people from the ward (since our ward has like NO young couples...) Anyway, good luck getting the rest of the house done!!!
Post a Comment