Saturday, January 10, 2009

10 Steps to Ensure a Great B-day Fiesta

1. Wear a little something to get you in the spirit.2. Invite ladies only. (No competition!!)
Sadie, Kyle, and Mckenna Jones.

3. Hire a clown.
Oops! That's just Uncle Andy.
4. Open some gifts.
Kyle got his first puzzle, some awesome books and even a camera! 
5. Keep the drama to a minimum.
He was clearly done with the hat.
6. Don't be afraid to get messy.7. Thank your mom and dad appropriately for making you wear that hat in the first place.8. Get the band together.9. Dance with the band.
(This was the happiest Kyle was all night)
10. Keep the party going the next morning. (We had a great time. Tim grilled some hamburgers and I even made a salad that my Grandma Curtis sent me the recipe for. I'm not a salad maker, but it turned out well! His bday bbq was definitely more fun than his actual birthday!)

12 comments:

Corynn said...

Great Post! I love his dancing video. Happy belated birthday to Kyle!

Ty and Tiff said...

Cute! I cannot Believe that Kyle is already one!!! I love the video at the end! Ty and I would still love to come out and see you guys! Maybe we will just have to make it a long weekend and do it! I hope that you are doing well...we miss you guys!!!

Jenni said...

Kyle's party rocked! Thanks for a fun night...and maybe you should post that delicious salad recipe and dressing :)

Chelsea said...

He is way too cute! What a fun first bday for him! I was laughing at your facebook status earlier. I agree, that song is hard! I always end up going easy to not fail out everyone on that one. Have a fun weekend! :)

Jenny said...

i love the way you presented this post!! numbers two and three cracked me up the most! looks like a fun fun party for kyle! nice work.

Jen said...

Kyle is just too cute! I loved the pics of him enjoying the cupcake, and sharing with his Dad...so cute!

The Rays said...

I love thte cupcake pic! Such a cutie he is. 1 already, wow. Where does the time go?

Rachel said...

I'm happy the birthday party went so well. And I think you had it right the first time Clown before Andy:)

Alli said...

What a cute, delicious, chocolate- covered birthday boy!

Hillery said...

Fantastic post! I hope Kyle had fun on his birthday because we sure did!

The Scotts said...

Don't you just love the frosting faces!?! Looks like a fun party.

amber {and co.} said...

Wow Kyle knows how to throw a rockin party! Looks like lots of fun, what a ladies man :) Oh, and Uncle Andy looks just like Steve Carrell! Sweet!