Friday, January 30, 2009

Funny + Steps

This boy just keeps me laughing. I decided to take a few more pics today of the types of things he carries in his mouth as he goes about his business. It started with this medicine dropper: I love this next photo because it shows how he just leaves it hanging in there. He's playing with a box Aunt Nina sent a present in. Don't worry Nina, he plays with the book way more than the box. (Don't you hate when kids get more excited about the packaging??) Then he moved on to the pacifier. Kyle never took a pacifier. Side story: I went to this nursing class before I had Kyle and Miss La Leche 2008 warned us not to give our newborn a pacifier or they would fill up on air from sucking and not want to nurse. I had a horrible time nursing, so I was afraid to give Kyle the pacifier because I believed her. I just leave it out as a toy. As you can tell, he doesn't even get which way to put it in, and he bites on it only.
Following that is this weird flashlight thing Tim got during his bachelor days.
    And last was his battery powered toothbrush. He loves biting on this too, but can't crawl around with it hanging in his mouth.    In other news, Kyle is getting more and more confident in taking steps. He loves to practice. Today he always wanted to start in the same spot before he walked to Tim. Here is the best video of his steps:
This next video shows what he usually does when he takes steps. He just starts laughing and falls. I laugh when I get nervous too.
And the last one depicts for a few seconds Kyle's sleeping position. Tim forgot to catch him, so he landed on the ground, laid down and put his hands under him. That's how he sleeps and anytime he lays on something soft he automatically gets in that position. It's so funny!
There. You should be picture and video-d out by now if you made it this far. GO CARDINALS!! We are so nervous. WE BELIEVE!

16 comments:

Ann-Marie said...

Yea for walking babies! Hopefully now their church clothes won't be completely ruined after each Sunday.

Curtis Heyman said...

wow, jen that's exciting that kyle is learning to walk. After he learns to walk, lets teach him to dunk. You have to start early these days.

Anderson Adventures said...

Jen
i love the cute pics and videos. Yea for Kyle! I didn't know he was so close to walking. I love that you reminded us that you laugh when you get nervous. That is so funny. You guys are such a cute family. We miss youguys.

Cara Jones said...

I love that he is so close to walking! He is almost there!!!! The way he sleeps is so cute. The little boy I nannnied for always slept like that! It must be comfy!

Taylor said...

Way to go Kyle! I think the sleeping position is a male Heyman trait. Right Curtis?!!

mom - Diane - Grandma :-) said...

The comment was from Mom...not Taylor!

Nuestra Familia said...

Way to go Kyle!!! That's so cute he did not cry when he fell to the floor, instead just a little rest. Love that happy boy. So cute pictures of Kyle with things in his mouth, and YES go Cards, I'm nervous too.
we got our tickets to SA for may!!!

Nuestra Familia said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
megan said...

ooh he is getting so good! One day he will just start walking and not want to stop

Jenni said...

we loved those videos...it looks like he had a good "rest" after all that walking!

jon♥kara said...

Those videos are great. Way to go Kyle. I love the sleeping one. What a funny little boy. Ya so nursery not so fun. Hopefully I can develop some fun games for the kids but their attention span is like two seconds and they are all on different levels. Too bad for the cardinals but it was a fun game to watch. And your previous post was cute too he seems like a handlful now wait unitl he's running around.

danielle said...

you get the best pictures of kyle! he's so cute!

Unknown said...

He is such a cutie Jen! I love his laugh haha. Sorry the Cardinals lost. I wanted them to win too but they put up a good fight!

amber {and co.} said...

Whoo hoo, what a pro walker! And I love his little treasures that he carries in his mouth, what a funny kid! Sorry about the Cardinals, but hey at least it was a good game right? :)

Michelle M said...

I love your blog. You look so pretty in all your pictures! I'm glad you're loving motherhood- kids are a full-time job, but so much fun.

Daphne likes to hang on to an object in her mouth while she plays, too. The object's restrictions: small enough and light enough to fit in her mouth for a long period of time, and it has to be randomly chosen!

Ani said...

I am catching up on my blog reading! I love how he gets into his sleeping position. Too funny. Cute boy.