Kyle's b-day started out great. He woke up and played on one of his Christmas toys for a little bit.

Then he read a card from Great-Grandma and Grandpa Curtis.


(He was so serious about the inside. Like he could really read it!)

Next came his present from Mom and Dad. Tim and I bought this in November. We have been so excited to give it to him. Kyle was really good at unwrapping it. I think it had to do with the cheap wrapping paper.



Kyle seemed less than excited. I'm sorry, did you want a skateboard??

And this sums up the rest of his birthday pretty accurately:


I'm still laughing looking at those. Kyle did regain enough composure to eat ribs that night. Those things kept him sooo quiet. It was the quietest he'd been all day.


And sweet cousin Sadie brought him a cupcake. We sang "Happy Birthday" with Andy, Hillery and Sadie.

What a good looking face.

We're having a little get-together on Friday. Hopefully things will go a little better :).
7 comments:
ribs are the best food to feed them when you want them to stay occupied for awhile! but, then you have a big mess to clean up afterwards...anyways, hopefully kyle will have fun on friday! that was nice of sadie to bring him a cupcake!
Oh man isn't that how it works, the present you are so excited to give them is the one they like the least? I hope he is enjoying it more now. Have fun on Friday!
That first birthday is so much fun because you have such high expectations and they don't really know what to think about it. I hope he has a better time on Friday.
He is such a cute little boy! I can't believe he is already a year old! It seems like just yesterday that you were pregnant!
Great recap of the birthday! Those pictures are really funny, he is too cute.
Who else had a birthday? j/k Did you guys get guitar heroe? that's so fun.
Those pics of him crying are too cute!
i can't say enough about the pictures of his little breakdown...i love it!
Post a Comment