WE MADE IT A YEAR!
Happy first birthday to Kyle!
I can't believe that one year ago today I was waking up too many times throughout my sleep to go to the bathroom. One year ago today I was listening to Tim write his "Personal Statement" for law school applications as I moved from one spot (the bed, the yoga ball, the other bed, the bathtub) to another as I was becoming increasingly uncomfortable. I called my mom and explained to her my symptoms, still not really understanding what was going on. One year ago we went to my scheduled dr.'s appt, where I looked like I just survived an attack as I waddled up to the front counter and barely muttered, "I think I may be in labor, can someone see me now?" I understood why my blood pressure was high that day, yet I laughed when the skinny nurse asked me how far apart my contractions were. Contractions? I was just in bad pain... I didn't think I was having contractions. And then, one year ago today, after giving birth at 6:03 pm my doctor was laughing at me. "I can't believe you didn't know you were in labor. You were clueless." Yes I was clueless. I was a 5 when I got to the hospital. I later wrote a 2+ page play-by-play of my labor and delivery so that next time I will have a little more clue.
I love Kyle. He is my little monster. He is my best friend. My shadow and my side kick. He is my favorite audience. He has the best laugh, the bluest eyes, and the biggest hands. Ok. I'm done being sentimental. It leads me to tears. We will be partying.
Happy Birthday Kyle!!
Happy Birthday Kyle!!



14 comments:
Happy Birthday Kyle! Congratulations on one year! Jen,...I'm sorry I didn't teach you better about labor. I must admit that I was shocked when you called and explained how you felt, and you didn't realize you were in labor. =)
If it's not too personal, I want to read your labor story. I take solace in other people's stories. I think mine might be similar to yours.....clueless.
Oh, and yes i've gained a ton of weight in my face. I'm just too uncomfortable to care at this point. did u get a lot of flu like symptoms as u got closer to D-Day?
Happy birthday Kyle!
Ty would like to wish Kyle a very Happy Birthday! I remember Clint and I running into you and Tim in the mall a few days before you went into labor. I'm so glad we're both not pregnant anymore. ;)
Happy birthday Mr. Kyle!! What a fun day! Seeing his scalpel marks still make me want to cry for him. He's such a cute little guy. Have fun!!
Happy Birthday Kyle! He is so big. I can't believe he is one already. Next time you guys are here we need to have a play date. I love your moms comment! HA HA!
I love that you wrote a 2 page play-by-play. Happy Birthday to Kyle and I can't wait to see pictures of his big day!
Happy Birthday sweet baby Kyle!! We love you! I wish i could be there to see him devour his cake. Enjoy your special day!
Happy birthday to your cute boy! By the way, I have to say this again, the Christmas cards you did for my parents turned out perfect! We will be using you again.
Happy Birthday Big Boy!!! Can't believe you are one already!!!
Happy Birthday, Kyle! You are one sweet boy!
Happy Birthday Kyle! I have a similar story so don't feel bad. There's just no way to tell someone what to expect. That's just what happens when your a first time mom
Happy Birthday little, big Kyle! We love you.
oh man! i can't believe he's one, that was such an exciting day! Except Allison sounded traumatized on the phone.
Doesn't the time fly by? One already?
Post a Comment