Imagine my surprise when I pulled this spud out as I was washing potatoes before dinner. This thing could have been our dinner!
2. Those with, um, "spirited" children, please help me. Yesterday was our first time at 11:00 church. I was so excited and thought Kyle would be better at 11 church. Wrong. He was worse...until he got to flirt and play with Kate Z. in Relief Society. How do you teach a one year old to be quiet and sit still during sacrament? Forget Sunday School, I'm at least trying to work through sacrament meeting first. We tried every book, non-noise making toy and snack. There are two other boys in our ward a few weeks apart from Kyle and they seem like angels during sacrament meeting. Kyle is appropriately called, "My little Monster."
3. Speaking of church, along with Tim's calling as "YM basketball coach" (haha!!) we just got called to be CTR 6 teachers. We're supposed to bring Kyle with us as we teach. I'm not sure how this is going to work out. Honestly, it made no sense to me but I just hope and pray that the kids will still be able to learn with Kyle in there.
4. Suze Orman is a financial guru lady that I actually understand. She has a free book download on Oprah's website until Thursday. Go here .
It's a quick read so I recommend it to everyone. One of my 2009 goals is to learn more about finances. So here's my challenge:
5. No eating out or fast food for a month. Who wants to do it with us? Our month is from January 11-February 11. I love food but I love it even more when I don't have to cook it. Oh yes, Suze Orman had this challenge in her book along with these: 1. Do not spend any $$ for one day, 2. Do not use your credit card for one week and 3. Do not eat out at a restaurant for one month.
6. Tim's back at school today. Time to get back to reality and into a routine. Have a great week!!
It's a quick read so I recommend it to everyone. One of my 2009 goals is to learn more about finances. So here's my challenge:5. No eating out or fast food for a month. Who wants to do it with us? Our month is from January 11-February 11. I love food but I love it even more when I don't have to cook it. Oh yes, Suze Orman had this challenge in her book along with these: 1. Do not spend any $$ for one day, 2. Do not use your credit card for one week and 3. Do not eat out at a restaurant for one month.
6. Tim's back at school today. Time to get back to reality and into a routine. Have a great week!!


15 comments:
HOLY HUGE!
Kate is starting to get a little naughty at church. Yikes!
I like that lady too.
Thanks for the info!
From my experience and talking to other moms, this happens to every baby at a year old. They become impossible during church. The only cure is nursery. :) Good luck! Only 6 more months.
I love when you are home and blog all the time! Yeah I am so ready for nursery. You could just let Kyle walk around during Sacrament meeting. I'm sure everyone would understand and no one would judge you. Ha ha ok so I really have no idea. Catcher is just as crazy. Kyle is looking so grown up I can't believe how old he looks. Reuben and I took Catcher to sunbeams with us and it was kind of crazy in sharing/singing time but once we were in class he could just wonder and it was great. Now I teach the 9 year olds and Reuben is in the elder quorum presidency and so that is a little hectic. Are the kids just crazy with Kyle there?
Holy Potato! That is hilarious!
When we moved to Texas for a couple months they had us teaching the 7 year olds with Cash in there. It was AWFUL. So, I taught every week while Cody roamed the halls chasing after Cash. As for sacrament meeting. Welcome to the foyer club with all the other "spirited children!" I was always amazed if we could even make it half way through sacrament in the chapel. Good luck!!
Let me know when you find the secret our for keeping your kids quiet during church. I do have a friend who holds her baby the WHOLE time and won't let them down and they learn to sit eventually she says. I just don't think I have the patience to fight that!
I'm with you for the no eating out....we are usually pretty good about that anyway, but I'd love to see how long I can last!
Well, can we eat out if my brother in law pays :-) haha! Jeff's brother is in town for two days and we are going to go out to eat with him on Wednesday...but he never lets us pay, so maybe we will join you or maybe we will change the dates from the Jan 15-Feb 15. Also, LETS HANG OUT SOON! The next two days are a little crazy, but would Thursday or Friday work? Let me know. We can eat lunch at one of our houses and let the kiddos "play"
good info on the book I'm on it. Emerson is the same at church. I'm with you my only goal is to stay in sacrament and be quiet. Keep trying, for Emerson its getting a little better for sacrament but the rest of church is crazy! Can't wait for nursery. I have a friend that practices reverent time at home. Her kids are a little older though.
I think the 6 months between 12 and 18 months are the hardest for Church. We brought LOTS of snacks and toys and still didn't make through.
And, since you and Tim were called to teach, I'd talk to the Primary president about letting Kyle into nursery early. We've done that for some of our teachers.
Good luck!
Every kid is different, but this is what we do regarding the church situation: We only bring books. No toys, cars, etc. The books are usually different from the ones Z looks at on a daily basis so they're more exciting and new. If we have to go in the hall because he's being too loud we do not let him down. Of course he wants to play, but if he realizes the foyer is boring then eventually he'll figure it out. (At least it worked with Canon.) Don't give snacks/treats when he cries because it's like rewarding him for crying. Give snacks when he's being good as a reward. Everyone in our ward has a baby so it's hard to give callings to those without little ones. I just let him roam around and told the kids to ignore him the best they could. I had a team teacher with a little one as well and we'd just kinda help each other out with the babies if it wasn't our week to teach. Good luck! It gets harder when they can walk but putting your foot down early will prevent having a 3 year old who still can't still in church.
We just moved to 11 church too and I hate it! I was excited at first but that is during Zoie's nap and so she is awful. Luckily, she is in nursery now so I get to pass her off after Sacrament...its great! Only 6 more months! We are trying not to eat out for a month too. So far it is going pretty good. We are doing it with some friends so I cook on Friday night and she cooks on Saturday. In a way I feel like I am going out cuz I don't have to cook or do dishes on Saturday!
Jen I appreciate you doing my blog heading. It looks so cute minus me (: I feel like he will never come, but I know I still need to be patient bc I have three full weeks left. Kyle is so cute and it looks like you threw him an awesome b-day party. Wish we could have come.
I will definately not be taking your challenge- sorry! Im in LA and loving the food.
Otherwise... i think your potato should be drug tested for steriods.
Jennifer-
You are too funny. Emma is our spirited child and we've done the 11 am meeting. All I remember is hoping to get an actual eisle seat because they can't escape. Bring lots of snacks and drinks. Coloring books are great at this age...But don't even worry and Do NOT Compare!! That will be your downfall. I'm sorry that Kyle's distraction is now in Nursery...8 more months!! You can do it!
That's my advice for you
Oh and we'll do the challenge of no eating out for a month,..we do that already...if you can believe that!
And thanks for the comment on my other blog. HOnestly, I just have to set time aside because right now, I love to do it. And it helps when there are sketches to look of off!
Post a Comment