Today started off great. We had a wonderful turn out of people helping us move. I was really thankful for the help (thanks Ryan and Allison if you're blogstalking :)). After everyone left things turned, um bad. Really bad. And sadly enough, most of the mistakes were my fault. Let's just say our house will be cutting it REALLY close to closing before the moving truck arrives there. These are more details: nit-picky notary, driver's license not in my married name, marriage license packed somewhere in the moving truck, forgetting to include 2 pages in the overnight package to TX, meeting a different notary at a gas station at 8 pm, second trip to FedEx in the evening... are you getting the point?
Lucky for me, Tim has been really nice to me through all of it even though I know how upset it made him. We're still trying to get all packed up.
I'll miss Utah. Tim and I both talk about how "we're so ready to leave Utah," but in reality it's been great for us. I couldn't imagine college anywhere else. Provo is the home to my engagement and Orem is the birthplace of Kyle. Most of my friends have already moved away, but I'll miss the ones still here. I have so many memories from living here.
And let's be honest. I'm scared to death to move to Texas.
Monday, July 28, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


14 comments:
this post made me so sad for you. i know how horrible it feels to be at fault for things like that, even if tim's being nice its still the worst. you can't get down on yourself too much though because you've had a ton going on with family in town, packing, kyle, working, etc. etc. soon this will all be over and you can just worry about decorating your cute new home! good luck with the rest of the move; i wish we could be there to help more!
Jen, If everything went so easy and breezy in life, we wouldn't appreciate the important things. Y'all are going to be just fine. Good luck with the rest.
*Totally kidding with the Y'all thing. Just trying to get you REALLY excited to move to Texas. It's not so bad! Plus you get to experience wonderful HEB. First stop you should get some of their brand ice cream...the creamy creations...just to help the "healing" process and stress of moving. :)
Jen you are almost here! That stinks about the closing, and I hate it when things go wrong because of me, but if you need a place to store your stuff or sleep, you've got some friends here. We will try to help as much as possible once you get here, but I also have to warn you that we will be much more fun NEXT year, AFTER second year is over! E-mail me and let me know when you all will be getting here and when you will need us!!!
this is why you should have called me to help you sign your loan docs...as this is what I do each and everyday :)...I hope everything goes well for you! We are going to miss you!
Jen I'm sure the worst is over for you. Hopefully it will be a nice drive and your house will be ready for you when you get there. Man what a stressful move.
Jen
Im am so sorry things have not run smoothly. it will all work out, i just know it. I started crying when I was reading this bc I really am going to miss youguys so much. Good luck with the move and just know that things will get better once your there and settled in and it will seem like this bad expeiance never happened.
Don't feel bad. It is hard to remember all of that junk. The good part is that you got it all taken care of! Congrats, and good luck on your new adventure!
Well the exciting part is that you are ALMOST here (or at least exciting for us!!!) I am so sorry that things have not gone smoothly. I totally understand how hard it is to buy a house from out of state! We are really excited to have you guys live close to us and for Jeff and Tim to go to school together (well kind of). Let us know when we can help you move your stuff in and if you need a place to stay let us know :-)
**I agree with who ever said you should by HEB's ice cream, Creamy Creations, it is SUPER good!!!
I'd be worried about moving to texas too! Its only three years and your family will be so blessed for all the hard work and sacrifices!
It will go by fast and you will be done with everything before you know it. Good luck with the rest of the move! :)
Oh the stress of buying a house!! Good luck moving to Texas. I did live there for only 4 months, but I LOVED it and I have visited twice in the last 2 years and loved it. Hopefully it will grow on you.
I won't lie to you...moving (esp. from the comforts of The "VALLEY") is difficult. HOWEVER, you are moving to an area packed full of other people and action. Engross yourself in your new ward. With your good looks and personality people will begging to be your friends.
And PS..it could be worse....you could be moving to Parma Idaho. :)
yeah i definitely have days like that! moving is SO stressful! i feel for you! good luck with everything!
Thanks y'all for the encouragement! haha. Don't expect me to talk like that...YET! (jk of course. y'all is not in my vocabulary)
Post a Comment