Monday, October 20, 2008

I'm Weird, Advice and a Happy Birthday Shout Out

(Doesn't this just make you laugh?) 
1. Does this ever happen to any of you? I developed this weird problem during my pregnancy and it still continues to this day. Sometimes in the middle of the night I will awaken suddenly to feelings of nausea because I'm "so hungry." I usually keep a granola bar or something by my bed, but other times (like this weekend) Tim runs downstairs for me and finds something while I dry heave and try to keep it all in. It isn't until I take a few bites of my granola bar or a handful of tortilla chips that it goes away. I'm weird.

2. Any one have any good advice on how to keep a baby from biting? I think I asked about this before. Kyle never bites Tim but he bites me or attempts to about ten times a day. Yesterday I said, "No!" really loud and he laughed. Tim, of course, thought it was the funniest thing. I've tried hitting his mouth afterward as well. No avail.

3.  Happy Birthday to my nephew Mario! Mo is a great cousin to Kyle. When we asked him if he wanted to hold Kyle he said, "No, he's too heavy." He was happy to do it sitting down though.
Last week in AZ he showed my how old he was.
Now you're 7! We love you Mo! Have a fun day!

13 comments:

Alli said...

Cute! One of my roommates would have to eat in the middle of the night. I wonder if it is the same problem.

Ty and Tiff said...

Tyler gets up and has multiple bowls of cereal throughout the night...I have never asked him if it is because he is nauseous though...maybe pepto? I was thinking that maybe Ty and I could come down and visit you over Martin Luther King day or Presidents day (is that the same day?) There is a 3 day weekend in January and February. Those days might be good catch up days for Tim though with school...just let me know what you think! We miss you guys too!

Cara Jones said...

So, if you are weird than I am weird too! When I was pregnant I always woke up starving between 3am-5am. When Mckenna was first born it continued and I would always eat when I woke up with her. It stopped for a few weeks and just last week it all started again!!! It is so annoying. I have to go straight to the kitchen and get pretzels or something so that I won't die :-) I think pregnancy permanently messes you up :-)!!! On another note- we need to hang out soon! Are you going to the craft night thing on Wednesday (to make the big clothes pins)?

JONESIES said...

1. Are you sure your not pregnant? J/k
2. ignore it, Emerson did that for a while and I tried telling him no and flicking his cheeck and he laughed too. If I was holding him I set him down. I don't know becuase every once in a while he'll do it but I think it's an accident becuase he likes to bite my clothes

mom - Diane - Grandma :-) said...

Yes, that picture makes me laugh! I couldn't stop laughing when it was happening.

No clue on the hunger/nausea thing. Sorry :(

Corynn said...

I know about those feeling of nausea. I usually make it through the night, but I wake up in the morning so sick because I am hungry. The only thing that makes it go away is to eat. Cameron knows he has to feed me immediately. I am completely useless until I have something to munch on and I am totally doing everything in my power to not throw up. I don't know how to fix it. Good luck! Oh, and I have to know about these clothes pins Cara speaks of. They sound cute!

Jenny said...

thats so random about the midnight nausea. yuck. are you sure you're not preggos again? :)

i wouldn't be the right person to ask about biting since your child was attacked by mine while we were there...

that picture's so funny! i wish i could find my stupid photo cd!!

Seth and Brittney said...

Hey Jen! We talk about behavior interventions all the time in my program and the best thing to do is ignore him when he does it. Like if he bites, gently remove his teeth without eye contact or reaction (this may be hard since it hurts!) and then go on about your business like it didn't happen. It should be really hard to do for a few days but then he should permanently stop, especially if you tell everyone to do the same thing if he bites. Good luck and tell me how it goes!
-Brittney (Roberts) Warburton

laurie said...

this might sound really corporal, we would flick adam in the mouth if he bit. it only took a couple of times to realize that wasn't fun. i know i'm terrible! i've softened in my old age cause i can't imagine flicking my little buster. what's wrong with me?!

Nuestra Familia said...

Hi Jen, love the pictures. That's a really funny one on the trampoline, they are so cute! Thanks for the picts of Mo and your your message, I was putting him to bed when you called and I got the message way to late to call back.
About the nausea, are you still nursing? once you stop I think you might be less hungry. If you already stopped then I don't know, sorry!

Jenni said...

well I have woken up hungry in the middle of the night...but I wasn't dry heaving. That sounds terrible! But you have a good husband if he is willing to get up to get you food!

Ann-Marie said...

Hugh is a biter too! Let me know when you find the magic way to solve this problem!

Lyssa Beth said...

With the biting, I either hit their mouth or flick their cheeks...it hurts and brings the message across :)