To Trim or to chop...that is the question. My hair and I haven't been friends since, oh, nine months ago. I hate my post-pregnancy hair! It feels so much thinner and is STILL falling out. Something needs to be done. So the question is, do I keep it semi the same length (this is the longest it's been in years), do I go for the a-line bob and chop it off, or do I do something in between? Help! Some of you have known me for a long time. I would love your opinion. I would love anyone's opinion. I've felt like I've been stuck in a rut for quite some time now. Here's my length now
(I'm the one on the right) haha:

Here it is a little shorter (and lighter. I miss my highlights)

Here's my hair even shorter (and me pregnant):

And I've even gone as short as the bob. The reason I'm so nervous is because I hate going to someone new to cut my hair and it's probably a record how many times i've cried
-sobbed- after a new hair cut. Gracias!
14 comments:
Jen, once in a while I remember to check out the blogs. Today was one of those days. Your hair is darling any way you choose. That's how it is when you are a cute woman. Love your cute family. xo Aunt Brooke
Hmmm. I was kind of liking your new longer length, but if change is needed, then change is needed. I would go the the A-line bob.
Okay i have thought of some pros and cons for you:
Leaving it Long: if you wait and let it grow a few more inches I think you'll start to like it more. You are still on your way out of the awkward in between stage. I never like my hair long until it is at least as long as Alli's. Long hair also air dries better (for me at least) and ponytails are easier and cuter.
Cutting it Short Pros: short hair always looks more like it has a style to it, it's faster to blowdry, and you will get the satisfaction of change that i think you are craving. I've also heard thin hair is better short. You also might be more likely to style your hair more often, although that perk only lasted for me for about a week.
Good luck! I don't think you can really go wrong either way.
I can always count on you for a new blog! I really like it the way it is now. I even like the color it is now. If you do go shorter then go for the a line bob, it would look super good on you. Remember if you cut your hair short it always grows out (eventually). I am having this same dilemma right now as well. I am in the awful in between stage that I feel like I can't do anything so I wear it in a pony tail every day.
It's true your hair is cute in all of the pictures. I also agree if you go short do the A-line bob, its my favorite right now. I am having the same problem too, so sorry I'm not much help.
CHOP...it will look AMAZING! Plus it is starting to be better weather in San Antonio, so you will be able to do it every day :-)
CUT IT,,,,BOB!!! It will grow back!!!! It will look so cute and its easier!!! GO FOR IT!!!!!!
I like changing my hair, so I would say cut it. Why not? I PROMISE it will grow back. But I'm not really picky about my hair. (As everybody can probably tell when they see me.) And since you like having hilites, why not do that too? That way if you don't like the cut, at least you'll like the color. Not a lot of people here in TX have A-lines, so you would be unique. All this makes me want to cut mine.
I've always been a short haired girl, so I say cut it. The good news is that hair grows. :) I hear ya on the thinning/falling out part. I'm not sure if you're ever really the same after childbirth.
I'm obsessed with short hair right now. I could NEVER pull it off with my baby fat round face, so I totally say cut yours! You look awesome with shorter hair....
and that makes me jealous.
Oh my, my, my...if you only knew. Thank you so much for your sweet comment on my blog, but honestly I am right there with you on the impossible side. Its sooooo much more work than I ever expected. Somedays I just cry. Neat huh? Its gotten alot easier though, since I have gotten a little more sleep and gained a little perspective. I have actually gone the whole day today without shedding a tear, which is some sort of record. Hormones...I thought they were supposed to go away after pregnancy, but they are about 10 times worse.
We will get there though...to when it becomes easy again, and then I am sure we will decide to go for a 3rd...completely forgetting how tough the first little bit is.
I've done the hard part though right? The many moons of pregnancy then the delivery. I've already got almost 3 weeks under my belt, so I feel like I am finally moving forward.
Anywho, just those few words you left me made my day...thank you for the boost!!
You're lucky you have a cute face b/c you can get away with any style. But I remember your beautiful long hair you had growing up. I think you should keep growing it out. If you don't like it, you can always cut it for summer. Your hair always looks good super short, but you;ve made it this far, why not hold out a few more months :)
I love your hair! Pros of long hair, pony tail. Short hair easier to dry. Did that help? Good luck!
I love you hair! It always looks so cute!
Looks like 6 flags was fun, I can't wait to do stuff like that with Kate!
Post a Comment