Sunday, June 21, 2009

Deep Sea Fishing & Waterfall

The next day was divide and conquer. The boys left before 5 in the morning to go deep sea fishing. I was so excited for them because they were so excited (especially Tim) and it sounded so cool. Well, it ended up being cool for three of them. Let's just say when I met up with TRay that day he looked awful. He spent six hours laying on the top of the boat after throwing up a couple of times. My dad got seasick as well. They did see sharks in the ocean. Isn't that awesome? Curtis and Chris both caught Mahi-mahi and Taylor was about to reel in a big one (at least 40 lbs), but unfortunately it is the fish that got away. Now he has his own fish story to tell.

I love this picture of my big bros:
The girls had our own fun. In the morning we grabbed acai bowls for breakfast. I AM STILL THINKING ABOUT THESE. Smoothie on bottom, granola and bananas on top with a little bit of honey. Delicious.
We went on this botanical garden walk and then swam to a waterfall at the end. It was so fun to be with just the girls.
We also hung out with some sea-turtles on our way home.
At night we celebrated my mom's b-day (which is in August) with a BBQ and we all told stories about my mom. She really is the best mom and works so hard. I of course cried because there was so much love in the room :). Tim says I'm the designated crier. We love our mom!

7 comments:

Serena said...

How fun! It looks like you had an AMAZING time!!! I'm ready for a vacation!

PS - It is SO funny to me that one of the guys has one of the BYU t-shirts on that you have to check out. I have one as well.... :-)

iknowjewels said...

Wow! What a fun time in Hawaii. Jealous? Of course but how cool to have a family reunion there!

Jeppesen Family said...

oooo fun! I want to go deep sea fishing! Those fish are huge! Also, so funny right now I'm eating a similar breakfast to that acai bowl you showed.

megan said...

I am loving all your pictures! It is making me want to go to Hawaii (I've never been. AS far as Tim goes make him close his eyes until the picture is being taken, other than that always wear sun glasses. I'm not sure if your green eyes are any less sensitive to sun, he probably is just so used to wearing sun glasses.

Chelsea said...

My brother has light issues and something with his cornea. That's why he is always in glasses. Good luck!
Deep sea fishing makes me sick thinking about it. Bad memories...
You guys all look so great!! What an awesome trip!

Chad~Nicole said...

What fun memories! Can I be an adopted Heyman for your mom's 60th?

mom - Diane - Grandma :-) said...

Okay, so know I'm craving those bowls. They were sooo good. Does anyone know how to make them?