Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Mahalo and Aloha

  I recently returned from a week-long vacation to Hawaii with all of my family... minus Katiebug and Kyle. Yes, I left Kyle behind for seven days. It was GREAT. A huge thank you to my brother and sister-in-law Pete and Ale who watched our little monster.   Tim and I went over to their house Sunday night and put Kyle down to bed there. I smothered him with kisses, and while crying sang the worst rendition of "Twinkle Twinkle Little Stars" before I put him down to bed. He was laughing. I held it together for two hours more until it was time for me to go to bed. Then I balled myself to sleep. Even though I knew he was in great hands I just couldn't stop crying. It's quite funny now.
   I'm happy to report that I got over it and Kyle had a fabulous time. Ale was so nice to text us pictures of him throughout the day. When we came home he gave Tim a hug and did this little laugh, I could tell he was confused. Then he wanted down to play outside. He runs with his cousins now like he's one of the pack. It makes me so happy. He talks more and plays by himself better. I told Ale I was going to send all of my kids to her house for a week. :)
   So before I drown everyone with posts of pictures from Hawaii, I had to say thank you sooooo much to Pete, Ale, Mario, Gabby and Gracie. We love you guys! You are saints!!

11 comments:

Noelle said...

Ooh I'm so jealous. What I'd give to go to Hawaii right about now...

Chad~Nicole said...

When we went on our trip to Costa Rica, Zane was only a few month's old. I cried EVERY night when I called home to talk to Canon. I'm glad you did much better and were able to get over it.

Chelsea said...

I'm so proud of you! I don't think I could do it...as much as I would sooo want to!! Ale, can I send them your way?! :)

megan said...

I'm glad he was so good, and seems like even better by the time you got home. The best part is he won't even remember you were gone. I can't wait to see the pictures!

Gretchen said...

I'm so jealous right now! How fun that you got to go to Hawaii, and without Kyle! I bet it was so relaxing and I'm so glad that Kyle was well behaved without you.

JONESIES said...

I read your post earlier today and all I can think about all day is Hawaii! I can't wait to see your pictures. I think we are going to have to go eat some fake Hawaiin food now that I am craving it :-)

Lisa said...

It's funny how hard it is to leave the kids isn't it. A few hours on the beach relaxing in the sun and not having anyone to look after makes it a little easier! I'm so glad you al got to spend time together. Can't wait to see your pics!

Nuestra Familia said...

We love Kyle and you guys too. It was fun having little cutie around. I have some fun pictures of Kyle and the kids. The days after you got back, my kids still ask if they need to be quiet because baby Kyle is sleeping? no you can go back to your loud selves! We miss baby Kyle!

Andrea said...

I'm so glad u guys are doing somethin fun. u deserve it!

Sorry about the last blog post u had to read. It was rude. I deleted it. People shouldn't blog when they're having bad days.

Jeppesen Family said...

I'm glad you were able to relax and have a good time! You wouldn't have had very much fun if you were worried about Kyle the whole time! Can't wait to see pictures from your trip!

Andrea said...

this post answered my question about kyle. I'm so scared to ever leave trey, but i guess it has to be done some time!