Friday, June 19, 2009

Pearl Harbor, Swap Meeting it Up & Waikiki

     Visiting Pearl Harbor was memorable. I don't have a good memory when it comes to history stuff, so I appreciated the movie they showed us before we went over to the USS Arizona Memorial. Here my mom and Bubby are looking at a Japanese suicide torpedo. Creepy!
Me, Candace and Bubby inside of a submarine:
It is incredible that 68 years later oil is still seeping out of this sunken ship.
   After that we went to the Swap Meet. First a side story: At church on Sunday this lady spoke and said, "I always say, 'Don't go swap meet on Sunday, go church.'" It was so funny. None of the girls could believe how long the Heyman boys let us shop. For those that don't know, none of my brothers or dad have the patience and attention span for shopping. I got Kyle a cute outfit and copied Candace and bought the same pearl ring as her. This was the only shot from the swap meet. It was hot!!!Next we headed to Waikiki beach. Not my favorite beach in the world. There was too much reef up close. One of my favorite moments was watching these three Asian girls go out into the water with their snorkel gear on, inside of a tube. It was hilarious!
Curbo coming in after trying to surf further out:
Dinner that night after a long day outside:
In HI there were little trailors everywhere serving food. Not sure if there is a health code there... Mis padres:
Great view:
Loved it.

4 comments:

Summertime Designs said...

That is so fun that you got to go to Hawaii! And that must have been a neat experience to go to the Pearl Harbor Memorial. That is one thing I really want to do one day. Loving the swap meet. Oh, and I wanted to tell you that I was at Dad and Carol's the other day, and there is a picture that Carol has put up of her family when they were younger all dressed in white. Tim was just a baby in the picture, and he looks IDENTICAL to Kyle. Anyways, hope you're doing well!

Nuestra Familia said...

So fun to have all your fam together in Hawaii!!! Everything looks so beautiful and everyone looks so great. Happy Fathers day Timmy. We need to ichat!

Katie said...

What a trip! I am getting more and more jealous as the photos continue. =-)

Chelsea said...

Waikiki reef tore my feet up when we went to HI. I am loving these posts!!! I NEED to go back there!!