Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Last Night

Last night I woke up:

paralyzed by a charlie horse in my left calf

feeling hot and sweaty

needing to use the bathroom

and suddenly nauseous

     all at the same time
     It was miserable.

I consider myself an optimistic and happy person. In the past couple of days, however, I have faced:

an inflating face
deflating patience

decreased energy
increased appetite

high points
low points

too much humidity
not enough fresh air

the return of throwing up & nausea
the dismissal of "the feeling good days" of pregnancy

and it has made me a grump.

  So today, I have vented, and now vow to be better. I know I am fortunate to have this baby boy with me and I'm going to focus on that.

Besides, I would do it all again in a heartbeat. After I thought about it.

8 more weeks!

12 comments:

August and Melissa said...

I love that you vent- I feel the same way! Time is flying by! Our boys will be here in no time!

Charly said...

I sympathize with you BIG time!!! Glad you're remembering it'll all be worth it very soon! Hang in there!!!

EmilyCC said...

I believe that some people do better with the "fourth trimester" and others do better with the "third trimester."

Your post reminds me why I HATE the third trimester. Good Luck!

Andrea said...

u ARE SO CLOSE!
I don't know how I will go thru it again and I'm grateful u share similar feelings regarding pregnancy. I think u need to go get your hair done and buy a new shirt. It will make u feel so much better! (not saying u NEED your hair done....just saying it makes anyone feel awesome!)

Jenny said...

ooh i'm sorry. i think nausea at the end of pregnancy would put me over the edge too. i second your friend andrea's suggestion. or maybe some expensive pizza would do the trick?

Andrea said...

Since I was expecting the charlie horses this time I was able to prevent them but i do remember one very painful night when pregnant with Micasela. If you aren't feeling well I can have Bill go and pick up the CD. Just let us know. Hope you feel better.

Andrea Hale said...

Aw, hang in there! All of this waking up at night while we're pregnant is just a way to transition us into the sleepless hours of having a newborn.... I think He thought of everything. lol You look great, on the upside!!! That picture of your belly (a few posts back) was that from family pics or something? Can't see your face, but looks cute... post more, if so! Happy late birthday, Tim!

JONESIES said...

your so cute. You're an awesome writer. Your blog is so fun to read no matter the subject! You should write a book. I hope you start feeling better... SOON! At least you know it won't last any longer than 8 weeks.

megan said...

You are such a trooper. I am pretty sure you are allowed to vent every once in while (or at least that is what I tell myself). You are still looking at the good side of being pregnant. It isn't an easy thing to be pregnant, but oh so worth it.

I woke up every night with a charlie horse when I was pregnant with both boys. I found that stretching your legs by pushing your feet against a wall really helped, and also eating bananas. Wait, is it you that doesn't like bananas?

I hope you start feeling great again.

Nicole said...

I'm sorry you're feeling bad. As far as charlie horses go, just try really hard not to point your toes, but instead do the opposite (I know, hard to do when you're not really awake, but it totally helps).

mom - Diane - Grandma :-) said...

hang in there Jenny-Boo!!!

Candace Heyman said...

Oh I can relate. Hang in there!

P.S. I'm sitting on the couch right now with my second bowl of captain crunch propped on my belly. How great is that? I like to look for the positive things in pregnancy, like having a built-in table on your body. :) Although I hope this "table" doesn't hang around too long!