Monday, April 12, 2010

Scriptorian

   Tonight during Family Home Evening our lesson was on how God created the Earth. Kyle loved "reading" the scripture. It may have been the only time he sat still during the lesson. Does anyone else have to say to their child, "Come back! Come back! We're almost done and then you get a treat at the end!" a million times during F.H.E.?

   Even if our lessons only successfully last five minutes and Kyle seems so A.D.D. during them, I love the spirit that is in our home after Family Home Evening!

8 comments:

Amy S said...

That is exactly how our FHE's go. We are constantly telling Kallon, no, its not time for the treat, we're almost done, sit down, leave Kate alone...etc. Then he has these moments where he says something about the lesson the next day and I think, wow, he really does listen sometimes.This isn't all for nothing, he IS getting it. I am hoping one day we will make it through a lesson lasting longer than 5 minutes....someday.

megan said...

I hear myself say that every week for the and every night while reading scriptures. I figure he will get it one of these days if we keep doing it

mom - Diane - Grandma :-) said...

Awww! I love it! Great job Timmy-lou and Jenny-boo! I'm proud of you for having fhe and reading the scriptures. (even if it is for only 5 minutes... It warms my heart.)

Nicole said...

Yep. That's how ours are too. Good for you for doing them. Now it(FHE) is the favorite thing at our house.

Jenni said...

such a cute video! I love his little voice.

Nielsens said...

that's precious

amber {and co.} said...

Yay, maybe this means there is hope for Chandler sitting through an FHE lesson too! We have to continuously feed him jelly beans for him to sit through a 4 minute lesson Ü Kyle is so adorable, and at least you know that your home is being blessed for your efforts and things are sinking in with him!

Candace Heyman said...

If that isn't the sweetest thing ever...