Thursday, April 1, 2010

Let's Pretend!

   Despite one horrible fit yesterday, I have been loving Kyle at this age. His imagination is beginning to take off and it's so fun to watch! Tonight was the first time I really watched him imagine he was going somewhere, as opposed to just pretending to be an animal or something. He put the Guitar Hero drums on the ground and pretended to drive. He would buckle across his chest since that's where we buckle him in the car seat instead of like a regular seat belt. He went bye-bye and when he came "home" he gave Tim and I pretend chicken nuggets, french fries and "dip." He pretended to go to Chick-Fil-A (his favorite!) and to "the slide." We went with friends to a play area and then to lunch at Chick-Fil-A today, so it was only appropriate for him to go there again!


  He also pretended to get Tim and I slurpees. Is he Tim's son or what?? He says the cutest, "I love you! Miss you!" before he pretends to drive away.


  On another note, this morning I told him there was a baby in my belly and showed him my stomach. He spit at it. Oh boy, we have a lot of work to do these next nine weeks!! Any advice?
30 Weeks
Cleaning up his mess:
  
   *Today marks the 18th year since my Papa Heyman passed away. He was such a funny guy. He used to always pinch my sister and I and blame it on my grandma! I love hearing stories about him and am so grateful to know I will get to give him a hug again one day!

8 comments:

Jenny said...

Kyle is definitely Tim's son, but he is also his Aunt Jenny's nephew! I'm happy to have another Chick-fil-A aficionado in the family.

Jenny said...

ps i love that belly picture!

Jen said...

Kyle sounds like quite the character! How fun!

Andrea said...

i CAN'T BELIEVE that baby is due so soon. Didn't u just announce it1!?!?! ahh. Can't wait to see! Have u come up with any names? Kyle will be fine. And so will the little guy. Just a little wet....from spit.

Anonymous said...

I love the baby belly photo, is that you? I haven't been there so my idea may not be worth much, but I am sure there are childrens books about having a brother or sister. Maybe that would help him get excited?

Nielsens said...

haha my memories of grandpa heyman are just him pinching my butt and then visiting him in the hospital. can't wait to give him a hug too!

Curtis Heyman said...

what a sweet post. i love that kyle got you guys slurpees. that belly picture is beautiful.

funny, i was just thinking about grandpa heyman the other day. i told cur i can't wait to meet the man who married grandma heyman, the one and only! he must be a funny guy.

Curtis Heyman said...

p.s. that was me, candace. oops.