Tonight was one of those nights. I laid on our couch in tears because my feet were in so much pain. After a morning at Sea World and an afternoon of cooking for guests, the thought of all of my weight on my feet for any remaining part of the night was enough to make me cringe.
When I looked in the mirror as I got ready for friends to come over I had to stop and marvel at my stomach. Some days I get ready so fast I don't really pay that much attention to how big my stomach has gotten. Some days it's all I can think about. Only having two shirts hanging up that fit added to my problem tonight.
And then there was Kyle. Sweet Kyle who was so fun to watch running around at Sea World, kicking every "water fountain" he could and making us laugh after a great nap today. Well, he turned psycho emotional, controlling kid on us tonight while we had guests (none of which have kids of their own). Perfect.
The small things can add up and overwhelm and seem so much bigger than they really are. I watched this tonight and just had to share it before I go to bed:
Motherhood is beauty. I've felt more emotional this pregnancy than I ever remember being with Kyle. I wonder how I'm going to balance taking care of a newborn and Kyle. It scares me. I'm so excited to meet this little guy though and I know Kyle will love him. It's a blessing to be able to be a mom. It is a beauty in itself.
Friday, May 7, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


5 comments:
Jen, you are going to be a fabulous mother of two. There will obviously be difficulties and challenges, but you are strong and loving and can overcome those. I was so much more emotional while pregnant with Whitman and I don't think it went away. I cry at everything now.
Evening time can be so hard for little ones. Their bodies and minds are tired, and they want all of you. They want your attention, love, patience, arms to hold them... It can be so trying.
I cannot wait until you guys are here for the summer and we get to see you (occasionally Tim) and your boys. Do you have any names picked out yet?
i also love this video. I LOVE this girl! She's amazing to me. I also love reading yours, and other friends blogs about motherhood. It helps me appreciate it that much more. THANKS!
You are a great mom, and you will figure out a way to balance it all. If I'd get discouraged waiting for Zane to arrive I'd just tell myself that millions of other women have more than one kid...and I can too. Since there's a bigger gap between Zane and #3 I was worried I'd forget everything I knew. I think being a mom is like riding a bike though--you never forget.
You're going to be great, Jen! Thanks for sharing the video. I'm crying now, but thanks =-)
That video made me cry! It definitely helps to put things in perspective. You are a great mother and you will be a great mother of 2! Good luck these last couple of weeks and I'll be excited to hear when your new little boy comes! :)
Post a Comment