It cracked both of us up that just by the sound of the buttons on the microwave Kyle immediately associated it with time out because we set a 2 minute timer when he's in there. Poor kid. I assured him that he was fine and didn't do anything wrong.
Kyle is frequently saying things that crack us up. Just on Friday I was throwing up when he came up to me and patted my back a couple of times and then remarked, "Oh man! That reeks!" He often asks us what we're doing and if we like something. For example, at breakfast he'll say, "You like a Mini-Wheats Momma?" If Tim puts on his shoes or a hat Kyle yells, "Stay here Dadda!" He has started talking about his baby brother (who still doesn't have a definite name). After completing a puzzle he looked at me and said, "Baby I did it! Awesome!" He tells me that my stomach is big and yells at it to, "Move!" when he puts his hand on there.
I love my big boy.
Oh, and do yourself a favor and never read, "I'll Love You Forever," to your 2 year old ten days before giving birth.


11 comments:
That cracks me up! No time out! lol- how cute. My friends use the microwave timer too- good idea!
Haha, I love the funny things kids say. Kallon used to be scared of the microwave buttons too. He must of spent too much time in the corner!:)
precioussss. i need to see this little talking man!
That time out thing is too funny! We will miss our Kyle in Kentucky! Sorry about the nap thing. Maybe because Tim is home Kyle thinks it's still play time? Sadie is still napping consistently, but I'm only getting 1 1/2 or 2 hours. I shouldn't complain!!!
Or 10 days after. We got that book from the library last week - not a good idea unless you want your kids to think you're crazy and cry all the time for no reason...
I still cry when I read that book and I had my baby almost 8 months ago! I can't believe how big Kyle looks in that picture. We cannot wait until you guys get to Arizona.
oh kyle.
My oldest baby will be 30 in a couple of months, my youngest "love-a-hug-a-bug" is 17 and I still cry when I read that book! :-)
Kyle is too funny. About naps, I think Grace stopped at a year and a half or right before two. She stopped early I think because she hated her crib so much and Pete moved her into her own bed, I think while I was in girls camp. Longer would have been nicer... But I know friend who's kids take naps or quiet time until they are 3 or 4. I think so too it's maybe that Tim is home now he might think play time! Can he fall asleep in a car? maybe Tim's new summer job to put him to bed, lol.
He looks so big! And I read "I love you forever" to Evan when he was about 3 days old and bawled my eyes out:)
Kyle is looking more an more like TRay. Can't wait to spend the summer with you guys!
ps- I read that book to Reed while he was in my tummy and bawled my eyes out. I should've warned you.
Post a Comment