For the times that I do make it to the store or when I send TRay with a list, we come back with food. The problem is, I have enough food to make dinners for a week or two, but we usually eat all the snacks that we get within two days. What do you buy at the grocery store?? Please, help me. Is it because I'm too cheap? Am I too picky? I see stuff that looks yummy for snacks, but it's usually unhealthy (chips, Little Debbie, etc) and so then I don't buy it because I don't feel like we have money to spend on stuff like that. I like to eat oranges, bananas, grapes, and strawberries but Tim hardly eats that stuff as snacks and I can only eat so much of it. What do you eat for snacks? Please, help us!
Sunday, June 8, 2008
Diagnose Me
What's my problem? For one, I hate to grocery shop. I'll say for days, "We need to go to the store," and then live off of whatever is in our pantry for a week. And please, notice I say "We" need to grocery shop. I don't like to go by myself because I can't figure out how to fit Kyle's big car seat in the cart, and if I put it in the basket it takes up 92% of the basket. Because of this, I like to go when Tim and I can both go, or more preferably, I just send him. (What a great guy!)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



13 comments:
we generally just walk over to the nearest gas station and buy what we are craving. haha!! just kidding! our favorite snacks: we LOVE those laughing cow triangles they sell at costco. They are low in cals and we eat them with wheat thins or even on apples. cottage cheese on toast or cottage cheese with grapes. almonds, yogurt, or a quick little cheese crisp. that's all I can think of now (at least that's not pure junk).
One of my favorite snacks is popcorn. I have a stir crazy popcorn maker and I make that. I found a recipe online for carmel popcorn and its so good. That is usually our Sunday snack. Or if you are wanting something else Brandon and I like to get ritz crackers and make little lunchables. We are not big fans of snack foods but we do like this stuff. And I am the same way I hate shopping so we just go to costco once a month and I get what I need and live off that for a month maybe longer.
now that kate's older i end up snacking on whatever i give her, so raisins, graham crackers, granola bars, grapes, or peaches. i also always buy yogurts for myself, thats usually my snack if i have one.
the other thing is i eat a really big breakfast (whole wheat toast with peanut butter and bananas on top-5 yrs old i know) that keeps me full until lunch, and then we eat an early dinner so snacks aren't that necessary. my problem is after dinner snack when i eat a dozen cookies...
I hate gocery shopping too. My problem is I forget to buy stuff for meals and only buy snacks! So I'm a pro on that one :) Sourdough pretzels cheez-its are our favorites. But we also go through a lot of fruit and baby carrots. Good luck!
I like to have yogurt as a snack. Also....I love to get a frozen bag of strawberries from Costco and just eat a frozen strawberry now and then when I need something sweet. Since they are frozen, you don't have to worry about eating them before they go bad. I also like Chips and Salsa. I will eat mostly salsa and a couple chips.
Hmmm...beef jerky? I know sunflower seeds works for Matt. What about trail mix? Or Wheat Thins are always delicious. Anywho, it was GREAT to see you and Kyle. Can't wait to be neighbors!
I echo your friend with the yogurt---we can never have enough at our house! I am sorry to hear about the crying; I know how frustrating that can be. On the bright side, he looks so cute in those pictures! Good luck!
Reuben really likes granola bars, and also all those sweet snacks that you shouldn't eat very often. We always have string cheese, popcorn ( I like target brand. it is cheap and tastes good)baby carrots, apples, bananas, pretzels, those little 100 calorie bags of different things.oh we also like to get salted soy nuts.
Hey girl, your little boy is adorable! I can't wait to have a little boy :) I told my brother Hi and he told me to tell you Hi back. His daughter is so cute. We all love her to death!
Oh he looks too cute asleep in there! We are all about Costco's trail mix. It is salty and sweet! Congrats to you that you found a husband who will do the shopping sometimes. Jared will go if I need 2 things and comes back with 10 and they are usually those unhealthy snacks that I too can't justify spending money on.
have you ever done the groceryies delivered to your house thing? You order online what you want and they deliver it to you I think the next day. I know that Safeway and Albertson's do it. My SIL used to do it alot.
I have a couple of jars on my counter just for snacks. Kind of like Carol's. I usually try to have at least one of them healthy! Anyway, I really like the trail mix, but make your own, peanuts (any nuts really) M&M's and raisins, its really cheap and easy! Also delicious for both a salty or sweet craving!
Well considering that I'm pregnant my cravings for snacks are usually odd and not so good for you but one that my kids and I love are those grape tomatoes. Another trick that I do is I buy those already cut up vegetable trays that come with ranch. It is a great way to get my family to eat vegetables. Don't get the wrong idea with my soap box on healthier foods. We certainly have our down falls with junk food!
frozen edamame- aka soy beans with a little bit of salt. Low fat and high protein. Just steam them on the stove or in the microwave. They sell them pre-packaged at costco
Post a Comment